Storm Damage ( Western Kentucky)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by john catfish young, Jun 18, 2009.

1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Last night a violent storm ripped through western Kentucky and took out our family car. Here is a couple pics of the devestation. At least it didnt hurt my fishing Van....:wink:

Attached Files:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man that is Bad John,,,,, hows the fishing van??? It's halfway trying to storm up here.

3. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    We had 6 vehichles in the drive way.....and this is the only one that was damaged. Unfortunetly....only had liability insurance and they wont pay a $.01. I have my home owners insurance coming to look it over....hopefully they will feel sorry for me like last time we had the ice storm damage.....maybe cut me another big fat check and I'll go used car shopping later this week. It never hurt the fishing van!:big_smile:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Really hate to see that John . Glad all other vehicles property and people are OK !

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Hope everything works out for u ,but as long as no one got hurt that's the most inportant part

6. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey john

man, I know what you are talking about, we had one come thru here on Monday, afternoon, blew a 6" limb off a tree, it my truck, put a big dent in the hood, and hit the back porch, we had five Tornado warnings out at one time, it was headed for Tennesse and kentucky,

Glad to hear you are alright.

cliff

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    at least ur all right and u only lost one car,well dont see it at a lost tho its a derby car now :wink:

8. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Man! Glad to her you and yours are alright. Sorry to her about your car, I had a tree fall on my truck last year, but it did no where near as much damage as it did to your car. If you guys need anything let me know!

9. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    I am glad that everyone was safe.....it sounded like a battle zone outside last night. I haven't heard of any other damage in the immediate area though and wonder if a funnel cloud was near or just some strong winds.

The car has a great running motor( 3.1 ) with a newly re-built transmission. I'm wondering if it would be best to junk it for scrap or part it out and sale the parts or look for a different body to put the motor in???:confused2:

10. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    me personally i cant throw anything away but might as well pull the motor out, and scrap the car check cragis list for a non running car, From your pictures it looks like a outflow of the thunderstorm "st8 line winds" tree had a lil rott in it too?

11. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah the tree was hollow....but it looked healthy and I had no way of knowing it was hollow or I could've cut it down years ago....always liked it for the shade it produced for the cars.

I think I will pull the motor and trans and sale off what I can and scrap the body then. Hopefully I can find another body and drop the motor into it.:wink:

12. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    John, glad you and yours are okay. Part of my neighbor's tree came down on my house Tuesday afternoon, but only tore the window screen. Hope y'all have better luck to come. Be careful with your back.

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    wow it really tore that car up and I'm dern glad ya'll are okay! Goodness gracious!

14. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Hate to hear about your tough luck John:sad2: