Storm 3/12/06

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Mar 12, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Just had a pretty good storm roll through KCK. lots of rain and some hail bout nickel to quarter size at the biggest here and of course the tornado Warning. @ My Parents house in Desoto they had Baseball size Hail!!!!!!

Every one fair ok through this storm?????

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    WOW good thing everything is ok... We just had LOTS of rain and wind...

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The sirens have gone off 3 times today, but all we got down here were a few drops of water and some dark clouds to the north, knock on wood.

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The storm passed through here and dumped several inches of rain on us quickly! There was some pea/dime size hail but it only lasted for a few minutes. I put my rubber boots and raincoat on. Then preceeded to gather nightcrawlers during the rain! Let me tell you it was raining hard! Best I can tell I ended up with about 20-30 dozen!

After the storms passed I took Bryan out to the lake and we caught about 20-25 channel cats. They were hitting like crazy! Its nice to see the fish finally waking up! Most of them were in the 1-2 pound range, but still alot of fun! :)

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Lots of trees down in Lawrence, my street is still blocked by a downed tree.

I HAD a 4 dog kennel in the back yard, it got blown about 20 yards then dang near leveled one of the neighbors big apple trees.

My dog made it out OK, she ran up to the house once she realized her and her dogbarrel were the only things left on the concrete slab.

I went ahead an took my 3 nights off so I can try and make 1 decent sized run out of the mess. Got the next 10 days off and it sounds like the weather is going to suck:sad:

I've posted 3 pictures on this post, will post a couple more on another.

Attached Files:

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    The galvinized was the roof(shade) for the kennel, I'm sure at some point they became the "wings" for the kennel:rolleyes: I've had these up for over 10 years and this is the first time it's ever moved!!

Attached Files:

7. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    MAn that was some storm, I was sittin in my living room sunday morning before church, I happen to look out the window and saw the strongert gust of wind ever. Then seen all kinda stuff blowin down the street. We're good here. Glad we got slammed with rain .

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Charlie,glad everyone came out unscathed....sorry about the damage...we had our share 2 years ago...2 tornadoes in 5 days...chainsaw is still hot :)

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Material things don't mean all that much when the tornado's come knock'n.

10. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well I didnt have anything nearly as bad as that come through here, but I went fishing once the storm quited down (creek a little ways from my house) and on the way back, me and my brother got caught about half way down our street in a shower of hail. I didnt get hit though, and that amazed me to no end :confused:

11. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The weather was lookin to raw for me to even think about going to any water.

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie sorry to hear about the damage. Glad to hear Ozz is ok, and that you and your family are alright.

13. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I certainly am glad to hear that everyone seemed to come out IK my thought were with y'all when they reported that storm on the TV

14. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Yeah here in shawnee we got rain, rain , and hail and lots of wind and tornadoe warnings all day. the only thing we had in damage was that the neighbors tree, a branch blew off and landed in the driveway. everything is ok here and thaks for asking.:)

15. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Sorry about the damage Charlie.glad everybody is OK, we had ahard rain here but it only lasted for about 5 minutes. Had a little pea sized hail but it lasted about 5 seconds did`nt get over 5 or 6 pieces of hail on my back porch here in Cherryvale.

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Glad all is OK Charlie!!! could have been a lot worse!!! guess you got some rebuilding to do on that kennel.

17. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here in Independence, MO I got quarter + size hail for about 5 mins. When the hail started I couldn't figure out what was going on. Once I did I got my dog inside. She is ok. My trucks got alittle damage but that is it as far as I know. I had sirens going off about 3 times yesterday. I am just glad it was not worse.

Dave

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Charlie

I was wondering about you yesterday, but I saw you make a post or two so I figured all was well. Sorry about the damage, but glad no one got hurt.

We got some heavier sprinkles later, but it never even really rained here. I had to water the grass seed again this morning :sad:

19. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    We got a lot of wind in SEK but thats about it. Unfortunately,though ,not much rain to speak of.

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the concerns all, much appreciated:). Since I only keep one dog in the kennel I'm going to make just 1 large pen.............I've verily have enough straight stuff to get that done. I've got the basic frame up but need to do some cutting and welding to make it look like a kennel:). Need to get hauling butt as it looks like this afternoon might have some nice fishing weather!!

When my pen rolled through the orchard it snapped off a 4' sapling and all but knocked over a 20' apple tree. Though this would be considered an "act of God" I feel I'm responsible for those tree's. I'll not be able to afford a 20' tree but can replace with saplings. I feel this is the right thing to do, what do you all think?? Am I in a position of liability??