storebought bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by flaboy, May 29, 2009.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    ok, for general fishing, what prepared bait is best for general fishing. I want something that is in a reclosable container, can be kept in tacklebox, threaded on a regular hook and has a chance of catching something. I usuallly go to lake but sometimes the river.
    I don't like trebles or messing with sponges, dip tubes etc.
    just a simple go to bait for a occasional fisherman.
    I don't always carry anything to catch bait so? other than fishin sticks ( red w/fuse) :smile2: what yall think?

2. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Catfish Charlie dough bait
    you just fourm it around your hook its one of the oldest and relieable on the market.
    loop

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the magic bait in the crawdad flavor out of the doughball baits thats the only one i ever catch anything on.i wouldnt rule out some of the dip baits if i were you,well just the ones they sell at walmart:wink:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    leave the prepared baits alone and just buy a couple containers of worms when you go.you,ll catch a lot more fish.

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    yea, that'd be simpler and probly work well but I have a collection of rods/reels and need something special to justify them all. :wink:

I can't just go fishin with a zeb33 like gf suggests :cool2:

6. trainwreck1958

trainwreck1958 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Im like you on not liking trebles. I use the j hooks with secret 7 and sonnys with tubes with a lot of luck for catfish. With worms i might catch more fish but they are all blue gill around here.

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    give danny king a go it stays on the hook real good and you can catch decent fish on it.Secret 7 is also a good bait.

8. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Gotta agree with Catfish Charlie. Take a little soured grain and bait a hole and throw the Charlie out and hang on.

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Catfish charlie, Blue Jay if ya can still find any....And Liver chesse blood bait. It is in the yellow container. If ya are pond hopping and can lob a pole reel good liver chesse dough bait stays on the hook pretty well. But remember them there turtle and bait stealers love it too so check often!

10. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I know plenty of people that just buy a tub of chicken livers from the grocery store and have some luck. I don't use store bought but the wife bought me some 2 packs of artificial chicken livers by Berkley that come in packs like rubber worms, she was trying to help but just doesn't understand, one in chicken flavor and a one in blood flavor, I have also seen them in liver flavor. I used them once for a couple of hours to see how they were and didn't even get a bite. Could've of been that night since we didn't catch anything or they don't work, don't know but they do stink.

11. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Give the Team Catfish "Furry Thang" a try using a circle hook or J hook. Sonny's or Secret 7 work well and stay on the "Furry Thang". Both of these products catch cats; one day they want Sonny's the next day they want Secret 7 so you should have a container of both. Another thing that works for me is a piece of hot dog injected with cod liver oil but that can get kind of messy and you go home smelling like the bilge on a tuna schooner.:eek:oooh:

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009