Store preserved baits??

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Mar 23, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    does anyone know of a good bait u can by from the store that works good in havasu

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Cats chicken liver, seems to work about any where, and you might try shrimp.pakaged shad doesn't seem to work,
    JIM

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Save your money and go to a bait shop:tounge_out:

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i agree lol. I guess chicken liver works good. Just go catch some gills its cheaper!

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well we fished last night and i got our bait for channels

wat do u mean by "bait shop"

6. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Theres no baitshop in Havasu. Theres no need for one either, you cant use goldfish, and every store in town sells worms, liver, shrimp, and anchovies.

I would stay away from packaged "real" baits. Wal-mart, Kmart, and Anglers Proshop (on London Bridge Rd.), sell cast nets. When shad are thick and up on the surface you can get them with a cast net. The better method for getting fresh shad is to use a drop net at site six. I dont know of any store bought drop nets that work, but when its busy out at Site six, you can almost always find someone using a home made one. Check out a few different ones and make your own. Fresh shad in your freezer would be better than the store bought junk. But I would still rather catch sunfish with worms, and use them cut and live. If I dont have time to catch bait, I like liver and shrimp.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have a cast net for shad and usually im the only one that can pull shad out on bad nights but livers are working good for mee:cool2: