store bought baits your views

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Joe Tilghman, May 27, 2009.

1. Joe Tilghman

Joe Tilghman New Member

State:
    NC, Lake Norman
    Do any of the store bought baits work, are they worth the money. There are quite a few, the dip baits, dough balls etc.:confused2:

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I have caught a few channels with Bill Dance advantage super sticky dip bait,Danny kings,sonny's just ordered some super 7 so i will try that when it arrives. never caught any on dough balls maybe just never bought right kind?

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ive had a little sucess and keep a varitey round when we cant get shad but its up in the air weather it be werth it guess its upto the individual buyin it....

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    first things first, Joe from the beautiful lake norman, welcome to our club. now as far as you question. i usually stay away from the dough balls, if you lookin for dip baits danny kings or the secret seven is awesome, use them with the team catfish "little fuzzy thang jackhammer" works really good. holds the bait very well even in current. just keep askin around there are some really knowlegable folks on this site buy the way, thank u for you service in the armed forces, i see your a veitnam vet. glad you joined us brother.

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    the best store bought bait is worms to catch bream with!!! catfish is like any other predator they eat whats in their natural enviroment the best!!!!!!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have just started using Magic Bait (BOC sponsor) and have had some success. I have a lot to learn about presentation so I am sure my results will get better. You can never have too many different kinds of bait and the store bought ones offer some variety.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have caught alot of eaters on dip bait but have never caught one over 10 lbs with it.

How big of fish have you guys caught with it?

8. larry d. grady

larry d. grady New Member

State:
    north caro
    welsome to the BOC joe,im on lake norman,and i have great success with dip baits from may tru sept. usually 2 to 3 lb. channells and acasssionially a blue usually 3 to 5 lbs.never any thig big.i have used several different brands,and all have performed great,send me a pm and i will try and give you some imfo.

9. Joe Tilghman

Joe Tilghman New Member

State:
    NC, Lake Norman
    Larry, I am too new to send a PM I need 10 posts and only have 3 so far. I would appreciate info, I am new to the area and have fished Norman 4 times with mixed results.

I can find fish just have problems with the catching.:sad2:

10. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    The only manufactured bait that has done any good for me is Berkley Power Bait (Blood scent dough balls). But live bait or chicken livers will beat the Power Bait hands down any day.