Store bought bait

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Oct 24, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    anyone had any luck oon the premade baits

someone told me to get MAGIC BAIT PREMO BLOOD SUPER STICKY and was curious if it would work

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Just bot sum bate....majagik.... blud...... the raacoonese stole my uter stuf...hav nut herd of this bate yr promoting.... mite be gut?

bayrunner ray

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Magic Bait Premo is the only store bought bait that I ever have luck on, and I love the stuff. I highly recommend it. I seem to be able to catch channels on that stuff whenever nothing else works, and even if other stuff does.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know that tofish uses hogwild blood bait and hogwild original and catches some good eating sized channels on it. you can usually find it at walmart. i am going to give it a shot this weekend.

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    what do you guys use on the hooks

the sponge things or somethin else

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Best thing that I have found to hold stink bait is the Looper Rigs that is sold by one of our sponsors here on the boc.

WWW.LOOPERSRIGS.COM

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have not had any luck on any dip baits.. I think I have tried all of them..

* A raw shrimp on a khale hook will catch you some nice channels..

~A

8. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I have just the thing for you in dealing with trying to catch channels on dip bait.

Get Premo Super Sticky... you can find it through Catfish Connection.

Then get some Looper Rigs... they can be purchased through his own personal website or also through Catfish Connection. I prefer to use the kahle hook type.

I have started to bait up one of my poles with this when fishing for flatheads on the Colorado. It seems to keep the excitement going while I am waiting for the flatties to bite.

Ryan

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Danny Kings punch bait is our go to bait when they are not hitting skips or shad.

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Ryan, I'm with you on the "Looper rigs" just started using them.... got a test supply 3 weeks ago.....you really have to try to get the bait off.... depending what your dipping.... I've been using sonnies, and need to get some DK's.... I haven't used it since our River gathering in May.... Like you say... keep the excitement going while sitting on some live gills for flats.....

Ryan.... what is your take on the moon for Flats.... Tom and I will be out tomorrow night... moons looking real bright.... hows your luck been with the good ole harvest moon were having....

Were going to meet up with tofish and maybe some others for sat night.

Got of picture of tofish skinning one

Taking a sick day monday.. so we'll give it two nights....
    bayrunner ray

Ryan[/quote]

11. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Ray,

I would have to say that the Looper Rigs are really nice. The bait stays on real well. Dale taught me a good little trick with the Premo. If you dip the bait and load it on pretty heavy, then stick it in the water, it will firm up and stays on better.

As far as the moon goes, I have always been partial to fishing before a full moon and new moon cycles. I guess I got hooked onto this when living in Georgia. The only thing is that I did really well in Georgia, but the water was 30 feet deep. Since moving back to Arizona, I have seemed to have less luck fishing a full moon on the River...I don't know if it is because the river is not as deep or not.

I have kinda dropped the whole idea of fishing during the moon cycles and just try to get out and fish. I think that the moon cycles do have an effect on feeding habits, but I also think it depends on the waters that you are fishing.

I am hoping to try and do a little more fishing throughout the year, but it is getting really cold up here in Northern AZ, and my fishing abilities get scarce over the next few months.

Ryan

12. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well since yall are rantin and ravin about the premo i ordered some and was curious ( i am beached when i fish ) i was wondering if it would be a good idea to mix a little of the premo in water and chum a little before i fish a cove :wink:

****ALSO***** some say to

poke a couple holes in a can of sweet corn and use that as chum

put liver and corn in a sack and chum it

or use sour corn

so im thinking of useing # 2 or seeing how the premo works

13. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Save your money and buy a cast net or some worms to catch bluegills with. IMO that stuff is only good for one thing and that is to help fill up the landfills with. That stuff is not sold to catch fish on,its sold to catch a fishermen's money.

14. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats why if you read wat i replied with i was going to see how it works other wise i would have bought a 37 oz pale of that stuff :cool2:

15. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Some ppl say it works well for them. But I've tried many of them over the years at different times,waters & temps and never got a hit on any of it. Beside that they all smell up your fishing area really bad so I've gave up on them all. Good Luck hope it works for you.

16. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    LeRoy,

Premo would probably be pretty hard to use to chum the water. It seems to be pretty pasty and oily. The best thing that I could use to compare with it is lard or shortening, only thicker. It doesn't break apart easily in the water.

One thought that I had for chumming the water is to take some worms and corn...let them get a little warm in the sun for a day or so and then mush them up a bit. Channels like the smell of both. I have chummed areas in Roosevelt with several small burlap sacks of livestock corn and brought in a bunch of channels before. I am sure the same would work from the bank...just place it in an area at least 1/2 day prior and make sure the corn has been soaking a while.

Ryan

17. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    will someone explain what the looper rigs are? never heard of them until you guys started talking about them. thanks.
    gary

18. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    hey gary. go on the sponsorship area of this site and they have a link to the lloper rigs website. i know tom and ray use them, saw them on thier rods when we went out with them. from what everyone says they work really well
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59420

here you go this should help.

19. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
  20. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    wat do you use becides the looper rig gary