Stop dipping Copenhagen after 32 years

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by macdaddy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Stop dipping on Jan 1 2010. Started a age of 13 ,,,, after 32 years of dipping a can to can and a half a day. It should save me about $5.00 a day I can put to fishing tournaments and Santee trips.... But its been 3 days and its tough I want a dip bad:angry: HELP ME !!!!!! and its just day 3

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hang in there Dwayne! I quit cigs last February after 40 years of smoking. I know it's hard to not think about it, but you CAN do it. It won't be too long before the cravings subside. I wish you the VERY best with you endeavor to quit. As you stated, you will save a pile of money to devote to fishin'. I smoke a few cigars to satisfy my tobacco cravings, but I do NOT inhale. Inhaling would defeat the purpose of quitting.

Bill in SC

3. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Thanks Bill

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    hang in there bro. you can do it,it'll be good financially,and also for your healyh.now i just need to put these cigs. down.:embarassed:HANG IN THERE BRO.:cool2:

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Hang in there Dwayne!!! Today is 21 months since I put down the Cope after 36 years. Trust me it is well worth it.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    stay strong macdaddy! I need to want to quit too......

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats brother! I know you can keep it up! By tournament time it will be easy for you!:wink:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dwayne, i wish nothing but the best. I got a dip in my lip right now and would like to quit. Tryed many times only to disappoint myself. My dad quit one day and never dipped again, i simply don't have that much will.

9. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck and stay with it.

10. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    It's hard but you can do it. I quit dipping after 13 years. I quit 12-31-91 and it was hard for a few months but it gets better with time.:big_smile:

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Hang in there Dwayne! I've been with out since 12-30, Its got to get easier.​

12. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Hang in there MACDADDY! I'm fixing to put these smokes down myself. You make sure to get a hold of me when ya'll come to Santee and some of ya'll can fish with me while you are at Santee.:cool2:

13. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    Hang in there Macdaddy, it gets easier as time goes by.I quit smoking in 2003 and it don't bother me at all today.Stick with it bro.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hang in there,I have been dipping for 36 yrs myself,started at age 12,I've quit at least 4 times ,never stayed quit,I know the last time I had been off it for 3 months,and the worst part was behind me,But I let my temper get the best of me .

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You got mad at that thar terbaccy? :smile2:

Bill in SC

16. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    hang in there mac you can do it.......:wink:

17. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    :004:Hell I've quit smoking lots of times.
    :0a6: You can do it!!:0a1:

18. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Way to go dwayne. Me and the wife quit smoking 2 years ago except for the occasional gathering to save all the money. Course we spend it somewhere else now so I never saw the differance:confused2:. Good luck brother.

19. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    Hey MacDaddy stay strong.. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks before those urges start to ease up and you begin to feel like your going to win the battle....I dipped for 21 years and I was up to 2 cans a day..I loved it and still could take a dip from time to time..But i thru my can in the trash 5 years ago and haven't dipped since..I remember that when I was working and was going to get my hands dirty I would reach for it and it wouldn't be there or right after a good meal..sometimes i would pull into the store and realize that I didn't need to buy anything..lol..but since then I have seen to many friends with parts of their face ,mouth or throats gone because of cancer from dipping some I know I made a good choice..by the way I also went on a diet at the same time....but slowly gave way to the food..lol

20. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Skoal for over 30 years, wish I could quit. Are you going cold turkey or some of that over the counter crap to help? ave 3.35x365=$1222.75 if my math is right thats a nice fishing kitty, I do need to quit. Best of Luck to ya