Stop and smell the Roses

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jul 31, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    When an opportunity comes my way I always whoop out the camera and take advantage of it when I can.

Attached Files:

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    nice close ups , i agree we all need to slow down and smell the roses

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :cool2:exalent shot Kev thanks i love pics like that

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Those words speak volumes Kevin. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that can be the most gratifying.

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Great pics Kevin were you that close or was it a telegraphic lens

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas

I was pretty close but use the telephoto also and then also cropped em up real tight with my editing program. As long as you are patient and make sure you get a good focus on your shot you can do this without too much distortion in the focus of your depth of field... like if the butterfly is moving a lot it is hard for your automatic focus to key in on the butterfly to focus on and it will focus on something else near it and you will not get the butterfly in focus but rather the foreground or the background.. Butterflies and most flying insects are hard to shoot and get excellent pics because of this. Unless you catch em really still like when they are feeding.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Real nice pics Kevin. I noticed that while trying to photo our humming birds, they've sure been a joy to watch.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Kev. what a talent. photos are beautiful.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kevin,Those are great,I see those butterflies here on occasion,I am about the only one that notices them as there very rare out west . I agree the simple things and the beauty of it all,Thats what makes every day worth it.

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I think that Kevin has the real knack for close-up photos but the "stop and smell the roses" part is what he is good at. What he saw and wants to share is how really neat it is to stop and spend a minute ot two with this butterfly. For a moment in time, Kevin and the butterfly were without any outside distractions in a chaotic world. This kind of stuff is going on ALL around everywhere - you just have to stop. A rose is a red flower - until you stop and enjoy what it is about. Then its a rose. Nature is worth the time.

One time I watched a spider build a web from the first strand to the last. I think of that every once in a while and it really mellows me out. Patience comes before peace.

And a little gray in the hair don't hurt.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Beautiful pictures! Love 'em.
    And love all the comments about just making time to stop, slow down, listen to "nothing", feel the breezes, appreciate what we do indeed take for granted.