Stoney, Rodpod and D/H fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Stoney, Rodpod and D/H fishing Ohio River

Well we went out fishing together in my boat for a evening and spent about 10 hours of fishing. We met up with a buddy of mine from Indiana (FarmerRay) member of this site too. He and his buddy brought there boat down and fished with us.

We decided to fish the Ohio river below Henderson, our first set up came with Stoney getting a 10.7 Bluecatfish and Rodpod taking the honors or a 5.5 pound Drum.. (Rodpod said if I posted this he would flatten my tires on my Boat) But I can tell you he was very proud of that drum !! I struck out on the first set up, but I did manage to have a couple of nice hits just would not load up the rod.

Our second set up was at the southern end of a island in a drop off of 15 foot of water down to about 23 foot, we had marked several nice fish laying on the bottom. Ray set up to my side about 15-20 yards and then Ray hook a nice fish and as he got it up to the boat (I could see it was a nice flathead or so I thought ?) so Ray being New to fishing for catfish I told him just grab it by the lower jaw and bring it in the boat ! of course it was dark out and not much light with our head lamps, So Ray drove his hand into the fishes mouth and I seen him jerk it out real quick and said something, I yelled back at him and said just grab the darn thing by the bottom jaw and bring it over the boat, So I am sure he felt like wow, Ok if you can do it so can I so he grabbed it and jerked it up into the boat at that point I noticed it was a Bluecatfish and it was trying to do a death roll (Opppss) lol Of course Ray didn't think it was funny then but he had about most of the skin off the back of his hand missing !! it weighed in at 29.8 pounds ( Rays personal best ) . So we decided to move again so we went down river a little bit further to a barge site , at the south end of the barges there was a couple of tie offs for the barges and we marked several big fish sitting just a foot off the bottom, So we dropped our lines, After about a hour Stoneys pole loaded all the way up after all of us had several hits and losing bait, Stoney locked down the rod and pulled in a 18.9 pound bluecat. So I will be the first to say Stoney kicked my butt and Brent ?? not sure how to look at that yet ?? I had a good friend say to me yesterday, DH now if your fishing for Catfish and you catch a drum you were skunked and if your fishing for Drum and catch a catfish you got skunked then all this means is Stoney skunked you both..LMAO

Winston thanks for that idea now I don't feel so bad !! Brent I guess me and you got skunked Drummer boy !!

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the story and the pics, Eric. I love reading about all the fishing exploits of our BOC members, especially when they're getting together! DH, was Brent really pouting like that :lol:? Glad y'all had a good time!

3. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Those are some nice fish fellas.

Brent don't feel bad. I catch alotta drum here, But I use them for bait.

Do we have a video of Brent realing in that monster???

Josh

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear you're starting up a band with that new DRUMMER! LMAO!!!:lol:

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Catgirl he was like that for two hours after he caught that fish, I never seen a bottom lip out so far in my life, Stoney gave him a ball of fishing line to play with to try and make him happy while we were fishing.. !! LMAO

Last week before this which I didn't say I kicked Stoney's butt in that same area with my fish..lol he caught a 5 pounder I think (lol)

Picture below 20# bluecat

Attached Files:

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

That's a nice drum Brent. You should be proud...:big_smile_2: I know that thing didn't stand a chance on that 200 pound test! ROTFLOL!!!
    Glad to see you guys fishing and enjoying yourselves after the bad weather you got...

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish guys, looked like yall did well. Congrats on the catches.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I told them to release me and keep the drum, but they didnt want any part of it. Those things will give you a good fight and a good let down....We never weighed it but it felt like a pretty nice sized fish reeling thru the heavy current. Only reason we left that spot is because i caught that fish on DH's side of the boat and I think he was scared I was going to get a picture of him catching a drum. Oh well atleast it wasnt a gar or a turtle....LOL

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nice fish, Eric. Very good picture, thanks for sharing it also. Rodpod, what's up? Still playing with your ball of fishing line :big_smile:?

10. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    nice fish guys i love to here the stories about fishing trips. i personally havent yet had a good story for a couple of years.

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    The video had to be destroyed as it showed Brent using his immoral fishing rig:big_smile:
    Sorry little buddy, couldn't resist...W

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story and pics!!! I don't care what they say,that was a nice Drum(if there's such a thing) LOL!!!

13. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    nice fish guys id be proud of that drum too..lol:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gone fishin 4 kittys:

No there was no Video of the fishing trip I don't have a night light for the camera yet ! still working on that one.

the time before when I caught the 20# fish Stoney had his pole ripped right out of the rod holder and slung it out into the river , just as we brought my fish in the boat, the fish went up stream of the boat and flipped the pole right out of the holder, I grabbed my rod that I had caught the fish on and casted out first cast hooked his rod and brought the rod back to the boat with the fish still on it, as Stoney grabbed it and went to set the hook , It came out of the fishes mouth.. lol but all in all we had a good couple of trips the last two times out.

15. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Looks like you guys had a great time, of which is very deserved after the events of last week, once I am glad you guys are ok.

16. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It was a 5lb fish how was it ripped out of a driftmaster?????? Atleast you got the rod back.

You guys seem to be catching some big blues down there. I'm stuck up here with measly small fish. LOL. I'm gonna get me the PA record one of these days LMAO :haha::haha::haha::haha:

17. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Its not an immoral rig, its a multi purpose rig.....Hook and Noose. LMAO

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations guys sounds like you had a fun trip.

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all. Thanx for sharein!

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No Josh it was not the 5 lber , it may have been 6 pound ..lol please don't tell Stoney I said that he thinks it was over 50#s and I don't want him to feel bad or nothing..lol

Plus I don't have drift Masters on my boat, mine are home made with a 40% and a 25% a angel on them and there a half of inch thick.