Stone Mountain Lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Whiskerlips, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Whiskerlips

Whiskerlips New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Has anyone ever pulled any cats out of here? I've fished it for the last 2 years (not always for catfish) but have never caught any.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Sorry it took so long to reply. But if you camp at the mountain around 10 at night they always start biting for us. Welcome to the BOC

3. Whiskerlips

Whiskerlips New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks, maybe that's why. I usually get there late afternoon and then leave just before dark. I've never camped there. I've seen different sites say that there are blues in there. I would have guessed that there are just channels and mudcats. What have you caught there?

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    All weve caught were channels. But who knows may be some blues around. Waters not to deep around the campground though.

5. Cat Dracula

Cat Dracula New Member

State:
    Metarie, LA
    I fished it years back on a trip to Santee Cooper, and we nailed some decent eating cats.

6. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    well whisker lips first of all, Welcome to the BOC. Im the thirteen year old that hangs around here, but you can refer to me as "the thirteen year old who hangs around here"

Anyways never fished Stone Mountain. If boating is permitted, id do that. offshore fishing on campgrounds isnt the best idea my friend. Too much publicity.
    I know it may sounds dumb but why do you think fish come a little closer to shore at night? because of less fisherman. Try to go to a secluded spot if the boating option is available or just use a heavier bait to cast a lot farther
    Try Ratltraps at wal-mart, they worked fine for me..and the guy next to us.

7. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I heard there is a small spillway or lock and dam on the etowah river in between the beginning of etowah from allatoona dam and the lower part of the etowah river. Heard that place is good place for catfish. I need directions to this place.