Stone Mountain Lake and The Yellow River

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by elshale, Aug 17, 2006.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    I am a few miles from stone mountain and have located a few rivers and ponds around. The only thing hopeful I have found though is baby channel cats or Bullheads couldnt really tell swimming in the Yellow River. There is lots of Crawdadies in there and I caught a 7 inch River Chub first time I cast out. I am going to get my river hawkout and forage it soome does anyone have any info on the Yellow or Stone Mountain Lake that feeds it.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Eric, Plenty of cats in stone mountains lake. We catch more there than anywhere else when we camp. Never caught anything in the yellow. Where are you fishing in it at?

3. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    I pull into the yellow at the bridge on Killian hill it is clean and cool. I have only caught a bream and a 7 inch river chub but searching for Crawdads I saw 10 to 20 baby cats swimming around. Where on stone do you catch your cats from a boat over by the dam or just from a random spot on shore?

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    We Fish from the campgrounds at night. Its been a few years since we've been camping there though.

5. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Whach been using for bate. Ever do any fishin at Norris Lake or that park on greyson trittle park I think it is call?

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I used to live in Norris Lake and never really caught much. Some say they have though. As for Tribble Mill its full of Crappie and a few bass. But no catfish. If you want to go fishing one day let me know we can meet up. I only live 10 mins from Snellville