stolen gear

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by critter68, Aug 12, 2009.

1. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    My storage unit (and 20 others) were broken into Monday night here in Alexandria. Jerks stole all my fishing rods 8 tiger rods with assorted reels (2 Penn 320 GT2's, etc.) but the dingleberries left my brand new SI fish finder! they also took a mitre saw, air compressor and tool bag, and new shop vac (but they left the hose! How stupid!) Now I have to go through insurance garbage to figure out my next move. I do still have 2 rods though. I still had them in the truck from Saturday night. Please be on the lookout for a big bunch of Ugly stick Tiger rods.

2. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Check the local pawn shops and craigslist... youll getem once they get a easy score THEY WILL BE BACK BOTTOM LINE! just be ready.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sorry to hear that Critter. I hope the scumbags get their due. And I hope the insurance co makes you whole...but we all know that can be a P.I.T.A.

As the previous poster said...keep an eye open on Craigslist and Ebay.

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sounds like they were making a quick grab and not looking around much. Keep and eye on Craiglist and cruise the local yard sales...I'm betting you'll see your gear again.

There's a special place in the afterlife for these kinds of low-lifes. Of course that's not much satisfaction right now. Sorry it happened to you.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jacob sorry to hear of the thief of your gear sounds to me they got stuff the could sell quick an ezz . Did the storeage place have camaras ? hope they get caught an u get your stuff back

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jacob sorry to hear bout your bad luck i would be checking pawn shops also do know you if you are into flea markets who every it was they are tryting to make a quick buck hope the stoarge place had cameros

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
  8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jacob sorry to hear of your loss. Even if insurance writes you a check for the loss, you may not be able to re purchase the same quality equipment you loss. I hope you get your original stuff back.

9. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Thanks everyone. I am indeed watching CL and EBay. Unfortunately the place doesn't have cameras and it doesn't sound like they are going to put them in either. :angry: To top it off, the main gate doesn't shut when you go through! It stays open until someone else goes across the sensors.
    To top off yesterday, I also just saw splatters of blue paint on my white truck that came from the idiots repainting the handicap parking spot that I happened to park next to!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  10. ptaylor

ptaylor New Member

State:
    Duplin Co., NC
    I hope things turn around for you Jacob. Sounds to me like they were after something they could easily get rid of. Probably someone looking an easy "fix". You never know these days when a thief will strike. A friend of mine recently had his house broken into at 5pm while he was less than a mile down the road visiting his mother. Hopefully you will get your gear back and they will get what's coming to them.