Stolen Fishing Poles

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Aug 27, 2008.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I went fishing yesterday for the second time since my surgery in june everything is going great the fish are biting when a police car pulls up the officer asks to speak with me for a minute . he proceeds to inform me that someone had some fishing poles stolen and my car was seen in the area with fishing poles and that 2 of my poles match the description . I told him that I have reciepts for my poles and that I own over a 1000.00 in poles and equipment. He still took pictures of my poles and wrote the names down of all of them . Telling me a detective will be in touch with me . He was describing to the detective on the phone one of the poles that matched the description as a wooden handle pole ( that was cork ) a shakespere rod (that was zebco)
    with an open face reel (that was a zebco closed spincast ) unreal idiots .
    there wasnt a shakespere rod on the bank but yet he was making out like i was a damn lier . The other pole that matched the description was a ryobi not a damn shakespere . I think either someone is making up some shit or they really had some poles come up gone and I drove by at the wrong time ............. It has really made me angree but I guess I will know more when the detective calls .

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Mmm.. not real bright but I am just impressed that they put a least a little effort into looking for stolen poles.

'Round here I would not even bother to report it, there would be no sense in it.

Turn this to your advantage, see if you can make a buddy of the detective. Might come in handy one day.:wink:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    HUH-bet ya dont talk to a detective unless them pictures do match dig out yer reciept gonna need them your guilty till proven innocent this is the great U.S of A

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I had the wife get the reciepts out already . And if those poles or any of my poles match I will eat the ones that dont .

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    yea be prepared just incase but i kinda dowt you hear anymoor

6. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well sounds like a case of someone just doing their Job .. Not well mind ya but...

I was thinking what if that happened to me.. ??
    Due to our local CPO and the regulated number of rod and hooks.. I keep all my equipement tagged with, Address lables and 2" waterproof packing tape. stick them on and give em a wrap of this clear tape. lasts for ever and settles "whos" whos for some situations.

Heck of a deal and I am thinking he approached ya just to see what your reaction would be.. Those guys read alot in to initial behavior. :crazy:

Good luck with this and stay Real Cool. Ya never know when he might be looking into something for you.

R Green

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Invite the officer to join the BOC. An education in fishing will save him time wasted looking at equipment that doesnt match. :wink: Maybe he's a future catman and dont know it yet. :big_smile:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sounds like them N/C guys may have floated out of there state lines, lmao. hope it gets straightened out. wonder how long before they see this lol. :smile2:

jug. that should help there search.:smile2::roll_eyes:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That is the take I picked up on too. Sounds to me like that cop was on a fishing trip, also.

10. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :angry:Hell i would never be able to come up with a reciet.But i do have my name on my poles with address for DNR purpose.Some cops have a job when they can have or get no other call the PD and see if a report was even turned in he may of just been a jerk.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Since the officer has involved you. I would request a copy of all reports filed. The people involved. The one who lost his property and what he lost. The officers involved. You have more rights that you realize.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I havent heard anything else on the matter guess they figured it out .

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lol Hmmm i'am no brain doctor but don't all cop's care camera's in there car's? Over here they do..... they'll take a photo of the in question stolen property run your name for warrent's and photo id you to.

14. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    my brother actually had a man come and accuse him of stealing his poles.This was ridiculous because the odds of this guy having a 9 ft woopin stick and a 300 dollar reel is slim to none. Sound like you got a cop that wanted to flex his badge.Keepon fishing

15. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I think I will take digital photos of my gear with a date stamp just in case something like that happens to me, don't know if that would help in a case like that, but if my gear was stolen, it may help.

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    yeah im thinking of engraving my name or something like this f@@@ing reel belongs to floyd scott , and maybe tring to use name and address labels on rods then slack em.
    odds are it wont happen again but you never know times are getting wierd