Stolen Boat! BOC $500 Reward for help!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by kbebout, Nov 7, 2007.

1. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello all,

I hate to have to post this but I need your help.

On Sunday November 4, I discovered that my boat had been stolen. Several of you have seen the boat and some have fished with me in it. The boat is very unusual for this part of the country. It is a Metalcraft Marine Kingfisher. The boat is white, 22' long, with twin 60hp Yamaha engines, and a center consle. The bow is very high and the hull is chined. It is an all aluminum boat. The hull is 1/4" thick aluminum plate. There is a large 12"x12" red and white scuba symbol on the starboard side near the transom. The boat had all my fishing gear and electronics on board when it was stolen. Please let me know if you see the boat. It is very unique in this area (mississippi river) and should stand out. Please PM me for my phone number and email address!

There is a $500 reward for any information that leads to the recovery of the boat.

I can only find partial pictures of the boat at this time but you can see the boat by going to http://www.metalcraftmarine.com/images/kingfish/kf03b.jpg or http://www.metalcraftmarine.com/images/kingfish/kf03a.jpg

Attached Files:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    sorry to hear that brother, i dont live there, but i sure hope u get it back or at least find out who did it!!!good luck

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hey, Im not from Tn, but Im close enough. I will sure enough keep an eye out and will pass on the word to my friends and family to do the same, I am printing off a pic of it right now so I can keep a copy with me. Hope you find it soon along with all the gear still with it. Good luck.

4. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
    Kevin,
    Sorry to hear about your boat. Where was it when it was stolen? We'll keep a lookout for it. You're right about it being an unusual boat for this part of the country. I hope you find it soon.

I also remember that your boat did not have seats behind the console. That gave a tremendous amount of room for fishing. If you get it back, lets go fishing again.
    David

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hope ya get your boat back. With this many members its better than a police report. Good luck.

6. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee

David,

I had the boat storred at a warehouse near downtown. Do you think your dad may have a picture of the boat from our trip together?

Kevin

7. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Kevin, if we see anything we'll be sure and let ya know. Try posting on the mississippi state website as well. A boat like that is bound to turn some heads....

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Kevin,
    Being such a distinctive boat I would guess that it now has a new paint job and is quite far away. It would be too easy to trace if someone local had stolen it for their own use. Maybe put some ads in the Florida, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi coastal newspapers or boating publications along with H.I.N and a picture if you can get one. People tend to know who has what and if there is a new boat around. Good luck...W

9. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
  10. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kevin, What part of Tennessee was the boat stolen from? Was it in downtown Memphis? I am on the river around Memphis usually 2 days a week, but I know alot of people who work on the river also, any more info may help, but Im afraid that metalman made a valid point that the "crooks" probably wouldnt be foolish enough to keep a boat that would stand out around where they stole it from! It looks like both your 60's are 2-stroke Yamaha's (is this correct?) Stainless props? Get us some more details pls...

11. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Not being from that part of the world, but a suggestion. Contact your state Game & Fish Dept., most all of them have a Marine investigative unit that specifically works boat/pwc thefts. Don't depend on the local law enforcement to talk to the other agencies, do it yourself. Sounds like you boat should stand out, somebody should notice it. Hope things work out well.

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey kevin im srry to hear about the bad news, I hope you find it soon.

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    you have to remember that people that steal this stuff are usually dumb. they don't know what they have. i lost some rods and reels a couple of years ago and found them at a pawn shop about a mile away from where they were stolen. i was in looking for an old shotgun to duck hunt with in the salt marshes and there were the rods and reels. don't give up looking close around as well as everyone on this site that is with in several hundred miles will help look for it i am sure. remember if they are not around boats all the time they may not realize they have a boat that stands out.

14. Rbms

Rbms New Member

State:
    Central Mississippi
    I am sorry to hear this Kevin. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it down here on my streach (usually between Lake Providence, LA and Port Gibson, MS), and I'll pass the word. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

15. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sorry to hear about your loss i hope they find it soon and in one peice and send the thiefs to jail where the only water they will see will be in the mens shower and i hope they drop the soap often!!!

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just a longshot but check ebay. I have a friend here that a bunch of stolen audio ger and went on ebay to buy some used gear and there was his stuff. The police got it back for him. :wink:

17. kbebout

kbebout New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Catfishbills,

The boat was stolen in Memphis. Yes, the engines were 2-strokes with standard aluminum props.

Kevin