Stockton

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Army Guy, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Army Guy

Army Guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone had any luck catching Blues or Flatheads on Stockton? I mean... I never see anyone catfishing there and wanted to know why? Is it a bait issue? And if you are... let me know. I'll go try the waters.

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The fish are there, I'm just not sure how to catch em on a rod and reel...we caught several decent sized flats and blues earlier this year when the water was high, but it was on trot lines. We caught them all on black perch. biggest was about 30lbs. I think I would try up towards the river around the aldrich area...Hopefully there's someone else on here that can give you some better info...good luck.

3. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    My wife and I have caught 15--20 lb. blues drifting, quite a few large channels also, its a well kept seceret around there with the locals, we camp alot and Stockton was a place we spent 3 yrs. at and all the people ran lines and said nothing about the stringers of fish we saw and always acted like they weren't catching anything when asked:roll_eyes:
    The bait now is all over the place again and not hard to get if you have a boat, there IS a very good population of flatties in that lake you just don't see ANYONE catfishing with a rod, 99% is trotlines.:crazy: