Stockton Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Finley, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone have advice for catfishing Stockton lake? Bait? points? main channel? coves? main lake? river? how deep? what kind of rig? ect. Any help would be appreciated!

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Scott :0a25: to the BOC. I live within 5 miles of Stockton Lake. I dont fish it for catfish much but some of my friends do. I know in the spring they catch a lot around Aldrich up on the flats fishing in really shallow water.(1-5 ft) Starting after the first heavy rain. I am gonna try drifting some of the flats around high point this year. I think it will work really good because I catch a lot of channels out there on crankbaits trolling for white bass. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can get together sometime. :0a26:

3. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm going to give the main lake a try tomorrow night. We've had kind of a slow year on the rivers this year, so it's time to mix it up a little. So do you think drifting the flats or fishing coves would be better? Do you usually drift cut bait or live?

4. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Not sure on the flats or the coves. I would give both a try. I did catch a couple of small channels in a cove 2 weeks ago on minnows trying to catch crappie. :big_smile:I would also try main lake points. Those can be good too. Talking about the rivers. I know there are some nice cats being caught at Caplinger. They have been catching alot of blues and some flattys too. I heard there was 2 40lbers caught there a couple of weeks ago. They have still been catching crappie there and walleyes too. Its a usually a great place to get shad too. Just an idea with the lake all flooded makes it hard to know where to fish.

5. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have you ever heard of an alternative way to catch large shad besides a throw net?

6. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Not a good one. :smile2::smile2::smile2: If ya don't know how to throw one I can show ya its pretty simple with just a little practice. You can throw one of the small nets in just a matter of minutes. I like to use the smaller nets at Caplinger anyway. If ya need help just give me a holler. I live between Fair Play and Bolivar. Where you from?

7. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I can throw one, I just have problems finding and catching the big ones. I've just always thought maybe a fly rod and a nymph might catch em, because thats sometimes how I catch shinners.

8. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nixa is where I call home.

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I have never fished Stockton. But just wanted to say welcom to the BOC Scott.

Tom

10. Finley

Finley New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the welcome! We ended up with only four catfish, 3 channels and 1 blue.