Stockton lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CountryHart, Jan 13, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Do many of ya'll fish Stockton? I'm wanting to camp there this spring and turkey hunt and fish. Any input will be appreciated. thanks

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've fished stockton for several years. During the spring you can catch a lot of crappie. Where are you planning on camping there? If you have any questions PM and I'll see if I can help.

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I catch a lot of walleyes starting around first week in march and going through april around the dam using rogues.Lots of channels in the lake too.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks ya'll. I have to get a map and just go check it out i guess. I'm about 2 hr. from it but have never been on the lake. We hunted the youth turkey hunt near the town of stockton last yr. with good luck. I'm wanting to camp and hunt from the water this yr. so i can fish in the afternoons. I hear the lake has alot of timber in it?

5. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    John, I've fished Stockton for years and there is a great population of cats in that lake, most underfished in the lake is the catfish, a well kept seceret for a long time. Good timber on channel edges in the river arms, have caught every year a flat head fishing a plastic worm, that always tells you about the population and the channels are quite numerous, my wife and I are always catching the 10--15 lbs.ers on crankbaits trolling. Get your map and check it out, almost whereever it looks good on the map, its better on hte water and the fish are there:big_smile:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks everyone, when i'm at wal-mart i'll get a map and decide where i wanna camp. I'll be askin more questions as soon as I can study a map and orient myself with the lay of the land some.