Stockton crappie

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CountryHart, Mar 23, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm planning on going to Roark landing next weekend and wonder if anybody is catching any fish? I'll be trying to explore new turkey huntin ground but i'll also be fishin. Thanks in advance

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Hey John shoot me a pm later in the week and I will see what I can find out.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Josh, mabee ya can get away and have supper with me and a friend. I look forward to smellin wood smoke and hearin a bird gobble, and gettin my line stretched.:wink:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I assume the water is still high. I'm planning on going up there this weekend to hunt. Also, are they catchin any fish there now? Thanks

5. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    John Stockton is 17 ft up right now. I haven't heard any fishing reports lately. I think you said you were going to sons creek. You should be able to locate some crappie in there. They catch a lot in there. We do pretty well on bass in there too. I have never fished it for cats but I would think you could get out on one of those wooded flats and catch all the channels you want. I would fish swallow for the cats. Last I heard they were catching them in 3-4 ft on worms. Good luck. Give us a report when you get back.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Plannin on stayin at Roark landing outside of greenfield. Mainly wanna hunt, but will take some tackle to fish. Thanks josh.

7. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did you mean your planning on staying at ruark bluff? I haven't been by there yet this year, but had a couple of buddies get there money sent back to them for camping reservations because of flooded campgrounds. They had reservations at ruark bluff, east side I think! The water is up 17ft, and the latest crappie report i heard was to fish deep timber 30-35ft such as price branh ect on the north end of the lake. Thats were they've been catching the bigger crappie last i heard. I grew up on sons creek, and I still fish there during the crappie spawn. Its not what it was 20 years ago though.

8. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I was at Roark area yesterday crappie fishing and the entire camping area is flooded!!!:eek:oooh: You can't even get to the area cuz of the first low spot, I've never seen it so high and we camp there all the time and the fishing sucks, the water is still very very dirty, like 6" visability, the fish are where they are suppose to be but no takers on anything:embarassed:

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I've got a friend who's high up in the Corps of Engineers - he says it's going to take about 4 or 5 months for Stockton to get back down to normal levels, assuming we don't get any more flooding rains.

So don't count on much of a boating season this year...