Stockton cats

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wayne7009, Feb 11, 2006.

1. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    i was wondering if they were biting up there and on what and where thanks alot for any info

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Would like to know myself, never seem to try there. I do fish the Sac quite a bit. Plan to go to Chaplinger mills before long, the walleyes shoud be getting about ready before long. Hopefully someone will post something about the Stockton cats.

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Stockton is not known for cats, the upper end they use to get , some bigger ones mainly flat heads, (wont find many blues) channels and flats mainly, most natives wont eat channels out of stockton, Walleyes are your best bet, and seems that crappie # are getting stronger. Will have to have rain or discharged water to get sac river up, for fish to come up. sac is realy low, right now.dout if any water is running over, the dam at caplinger.

4. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is anybody getting any shad at Caplinger now? I've been there when it's good but never been this early.

5. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    well ive caught alot of cats out of there but never treid this time of year and was just wondering i have caught some 80 and 90 pounders out of there but never this time of year and yes i think the crappie r gittin better but there just not very big yet alot of 8 or 9 inchersnot sure if there biting or not ???????

6. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    56 veiws is no one fishing yet???