Stocking up on terminal tackle

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Oct 9, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone else worry like me? That you may run out of terminal tackle, hooks, line swivels etc?

I usually spend the fall and winter stocking up on tons of stuff for next years fishing.

I bought a few packs of hooks yesterday, but I feel I need much more:big_smile:

I dont have much money, but when I have plenty of catfishing tackle it makes me feel rich!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    yes Jack I am the same way. I never seem to have enough. I always buy in bulk when possible.just bought 300 jigs for catching bait. then I had to buy more 3" curly tails than jigs. Its a never ending addiction. We won't even start on fishing poles. There will be some for sale really soon as i wont have anywhere to store them.:big_smile:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to be that way with rods and reels, especially abu reels.

I think I have about 20 outfits right now, and I cant afford to buy more or I would:big_smile:

But I can afford to buy hooks, and line and stuff, so I just go overboard on that!:big_smile:

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Did you get a good deal on the hooks?

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i am the same way in the winter i stock up!!!

6. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i still am that way with R&R in the last 2 yrs i am up to 14 R&R and 7 of them are abu garcias lol.

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    reps for the diaiichi hooks they are the best to me any feed back be great to me

8. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    you got like 300 dollard worth of gamma's there man
    good thinkin though

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You're wasting big bucks with those itty bitty bags of Gamakatsu hooks. Buy them in bulk from Wild Wolf for the best deal. He has the 50 pack at a great price.

Bill in SC

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack,

I've bought around 100 Gama Oct Circles in the las couple months, but I'm doing a lot cheaper than you! YOu need to buy the 25 packs, they usually come out quite a bit cheaper than buying the small packs!

Swivels... I've also been stocking up on SPRO Swivels. I think I;ve gotten a couple hundred or more of those recently too. (Don't worry I'll share w/ you!) :smile2:

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry I should have read your post before I replied. Those are some good prices ($22) on the 50 pack Gama Oct hooks.

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i like to stock up over the winter, it gives me something to do besides just stare at my fishin poles, i like to be stocked up for the spring and then i don't have to worry about runnin out of tackle half way thru the season

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Same here brother . I usually buy something everytime at the store , with 5 kids 5 grandkids freinds and other members of the family they usually stock me up pretty good . Plus my b-day in March and fathersday .

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The places I have been going to dont sell the 25 packs, it is hard to buy stuff online with no credit cards:big_smile:

15. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm the same way Jack. Even if I head to BPS with a friend, I always buy 2 - 3 - or 4 bags of hooks. :smile2: I have so many 8/0 Gamakatsu Circle hooks it's scary. Now I'm starting to stock up on JHooks and Octopus hooks.

How do those Daiichi hooks treat you?

16. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    If you are doin what you like to do...well, in a way, you are rich bro...go get em

17. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just grab a prepaid at walmart! Thats what I do!:wink:

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i am the same way Jack winter comes i stock up

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i was going to suggest the same thing, or you can set up a Paypal account for free and use that one most websites including ebay and the like. it's also very safe and takes the money directly out of your checking account.

20. rainman442000

rainman442000 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i stock up all winter also but i keep a large stock pile make my own sinkers have about 200 lbs of lead and other than line i think i can make it about 5 years without buying anything i fish up to 4 days a week year round wife travels i fish to old to stop so i will fish till they lock me up till i smell like a good catfish bait