Stocked pond

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, Nov 6, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There is this stocked 3 acre pond w/ 2 fountains in a big neighborhood. I am not a resident there and I think you might have to be one to fish the pond. It was stocked over a year ago with catfish, grass carp, bass, bream, and I can't remeber what else. I might get to catch some fish there before getting kicked out, if they do, and I was wondering what the best way to catch the cats is? I once talked to a guy at the creek who lived by this pond and had caught decent channel cats on worms. Any extra advice?

2. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Yes, get permission first. Not worth a trespassing charge.

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The guy I talked to who lives there said that the worst thing they would do is tell you to leave. Thanx for the advice anyway.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I would agree with getting permission first. Simply talk to someone respectfully and you'd be amazed; they will probably let u catch all the fish u want, as long as u agree to CPR them

Once you get permission I do best in small ponds by catching small bluegill. I then kill them, cut their tails off and slice their bellys. I hook them through the eyes and cast them out (sometimes I will put up to a 1.5 ounce sinker on to get casting distance) I then reel the bluegill in very slowly. Maybe 1 foot ever 10-20 seconds. Once in a while jig the bluegill too. The channels will usually hammer this! I have caught a few very nice bass on it too. It's my favorite method.

5. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Get permission first and tell the truth! I literally know from experience. Please ask...it'll benefit you more than not asking.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Get permission then if its good you can ALWAYSgo back if you dont and get kicked out you may never know what it has to offer

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Its hard to beat shrimp in stocked pounds Oh yea get permisson first:smile2: