Stocked below a small dam

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by catman529, Jan 15, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know that alot of times stockers tend to stay in the general area where they are released for several days then they will spread out and find suitable structure if that helps any

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They were stocked 3 days before Christmas, how far do you think they would spread by now?

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    To be honest you will probably be able to catch them a few miles down stream in good holes with current and cover. It is possible the bite will be better now because the fish have adjusted to thier new environment. Id say about 4-6 miles down stream there could be fish.

Wheelmobile07

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'd agree that fish could be quite a ways downstream. I had a creek back home that ran into the Upper Iowa River that was stocked all summer with trout. I never fished the creek much, but the section of river where the creek ran in down to nearly 10 miles downstream have trout in it year round! Some real nice ones too that a lot of people often overlook.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah they could be anywhere but look for boulders and places that offer some protection from the stronger current also if there is a feeder stream they like to bunch up at the mouth and wait on food being washed into the main creek

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    All very good suggestions to get you close to the trout.

Wheelmobile07