Stitch has a new PB and ITS A HOG

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    When my phone goes off at 2:30 in the morning, its usually one of two things, someone has died or one of my fellow catfishing buddies has boated a pig.

As I stumbled out of my bed, and scratched my eyes to read the messages, I thought to myself this better not be a dink lmao

Ole Stitch has not dissappointed !!!! Your going to have to wait for the gory details though, Stitch and River Rat are still fishing indicating to me they just passed the 500 pound threshold for the night!

They will post up pics and the story when they are done fishing.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Time to break out the boat and take me a NIGHT TRIP!:dribble:

I am gonna have to go pound on RAT until he coughs up some tips!:roll_eyes: I may not survive using that tactic, and if not I leave the CAT SASS to piperat! Enjoy it brother!:smile2: Take care of her!

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Skip if ya go night fishing who will guard the refrigerator at your workplace???:eek:oooh::wink:

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I just saw the picture and it is a hawg!!!!

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lets just say its even bigger than the one Chris has in his avatar!!! :eek:oooh:

Bigger than the one in my avatar too!!! :smile2:

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Rat sent a pic to my phone also but I don't get picture mail, so I still haven't seen it.

He said it wouldn't fit in the net!!!!! He reached those big meathooks in the water and lipped that bad boy over the gunnel!:smile2: The fish never had a chance once RAT got hold of him!:eek:oooh:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nope, I'm feelin for that fish this morning lmao :smile2:

8. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    If Rat stuck is mitts in his mouth he had to be huge...I bet that left a bad taste in his mouth....I wonder what that Cat thought when he looked up and saw Rat looking at him with those big mitts..

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bigger than than one in my avatar as well. Congrats Stitch, you have definately put in your time my friend.

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I'll tell you exactly what that Cat thought......"HOLY F$%&ing S%#T!!!!!!":crazy::crazy::crazy:

11. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where's that pics!!! Sounds like a monster.

12. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rat call me, I'll tell you all the things he said about you.:smile2::smile2:
    (Sorry Bro but it's too sweet of a deal. I will miss you though.)

13. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    me thinks skippy just put a bounty on his head.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yup, Skippies days could be numbered. My question is will the Cats Sass be chasin the Rats Sass?? :roll_eyes:

15. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I finally looked at my phone. Congrats Stitch. All I can say is WOW!!!!

16. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    It all started with a broken boat and a cancelled fishing trip. I was having fishing withdrawals so I decided that we were fishing, no matter what. I took it upon myself to fix the “Death Barge II” and made it water tight again, while Rat was at work. We got on the water at about 4:30 pm and by 6:30 pm I had 4 fish in the boat with the biggest being 28 pounds. Rat got upset because all the fish were on my side of the boat and he told me that he was going to beat my PB (33lbs) with his first fish. About five minutes later he reeled in a nice 38 pounder and rubbed it in my face like a dirty diaper.
    It was not to long after that when my pole bent over and I began to reel in a fish that I knew was not even close to the 38 pounder that Rat just boated. Then all the sudden my Catfish Safari pole turned into a yellow rainbow and line started to peel. I handed Rat the pole that was already in my hands and grabbed for the yellow rainbow. After about 15 minutes of reeling with sweat running down my face, my hands cramping and stopping for a break or two, there it was the most beautiful sight in a fishermen’s world, a huge Blue.
    Rat made a great attempt to get the MONSTER in the net but I told him “there is no way it’s going to fit in that 24” net you better use your hands.” Rat reached over the back of the boat and with all of his strength he muscled in my new personal best. With Rat being so tired and him having a weak left arm I weighted the 83.94 pound fish all by myself. After a few pics the beauty was returned to the water so that he/she could grow to be a 100+ pound fish someday.
    In closing I would like to say that in approximately 12 hours of fishing we boated 27 fish with the smallest being 14 pounds with a combined weight of over 600 pounds. It was a night to remember and I apologize to everyone that myself or Rat woke up at 2:30 in the morning with the text messages.

Attached Files:

17. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    WOW thats a hog way to go you 2

sounds like a great nite

thanks for the share

later
    slider

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You know, I was pretty upset when Kyle called me yesterday afternoon and he told me he was working on the ol Death Barge....:wink::smile2::smile2:

Yeah, it was pretty funny watching Stitch fight that fish! :smile2: When he reeled in that first 28, he was just so sure that it was going to be his personal best!

But alas it wasn't!!:smile2::smile2: So I rubbed it in and ended up catching one that did! Then when that hawg hit and the fight was on, I kept asking him, how big is he???? We both had no idea, Stitch thought it was maybe gonna push forty! :smile2::smile2: This is after he handed me the rod with the fish on it (a very respectable 20+):smile2::smile2:

When I first got a glimpse at that fish, I think I was more excited than stitch! I started yelling! OMG! Did you see that fish!? It's a GOOD ONE!! That's when stitch, who by this time was literally in the front of the boat giving it hell!! He just said, "NO! I don't want to look!! I just want him in the BOAT!!" LOL!! I threw the net down and shoved my right hand into that giant mouth and hoisted him in in one smooth motion!!!:smile2::smile2:

ONE HELUVA NIGHT!!!!!!! That's all I can say!

Congrats buddy! I told you that you were gonna blast that old PB!!! Good Job! You had everything right too! Good knots, drag set properly! Everything! Good Job!!:smile2:

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kyle thanks for sharing the pics and story of a fabulous night on the water. WTG.

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

WOW!!!!!!!

You gotta be on cloud nine!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

GREAT FISH!!!!!!