stipers on the bash

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by beaneye46, Jul 10, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i recently talked to an old timer who went out on the wabash and caught two twenty pound stripers by the power plant warm water discharge near terre haute. does anyone fish for them

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ididn' know they were there. I would like to give them a try . Is there a boat ramp near there?

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Last Saturday I went with a good buddy to the White River dam near Martinsville in pursuit of my first flathead of the year. I caught a 16# striper on a gill head. I got a pic of it, but I gotta wait 'til my wife gets back to post it. I know NOTHING about this digital camera thing. BTW, 10 minutes after I caught that a guy 20 yards from me landed a 28# flathead. I woulda gladly traded him LOL.

4. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana

theres a ramp in terre haute at fairbanks park on 1st street. the power plant is upstream a mile or two. i think he caught those when it was cold though cause the picture he showed me the trees in the backround didn't have any leaves on them and he was dressed warm.
    i wouldn't know what to use for bait.

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've caught a lot of stripers out of the Wabash. I caught a small wiper tonight while fishing.