Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Lots of anglers down my way use rainbow trout for bait. It's legal as long as you don't have over 7 in your possession. Even if you buy your trout at a hatchery or bait shop, you're still only allowed 7. They must really be effective for striper and catfish bait because that's all that some folks will bait up with. They fish the trout cut up or whole, according to the size.

Been reading some on the Ohio river. It will depend on which bank you are fishing on,on The Ohio river. You will need to abide by the laws that aply to the state in which you are fishing .If you are fishing the Ky side you abide by Ky. Laws, if in Indiana,Ill. or Ohio you abide by their laws. Hope this helps clarify the situation.
Ken we are going to end up hateing each other. But you can fish either side of the river with either license on the bank. if i take my indiana license i can go straight across the river and fish the kentucky bank and i am still at the mercy of indiana laws. and its the same with ohio illinois WV. whichever license u have it doesnt matter which bank your on, thats the law u abide by....yeah u hate me

Flootie, your just trying to stir the pot!:smile2: Actually that makes sense, during waterfowl season both Indiana and Kentucky have reciprocal agreements that allow a hunter to hunt either bank on the main stem of the Ohio river with only one states license. The hunter is responsible for the laws pertaining to which ever state's license he is carrying. Now if that hunter goes up into a creek then he has to have the license for that state and abide by their laws. An easier solution would be to purchase an Indiana license when fishing the Ohio along with the Ky license and there are no more issues...

Ken we are going to end up hateing each other. But you can fish either side of the river with either license on the bank. if i take my indiana license i can go straight across the river and fish the kentucky bank and i am still at the mercy of indiana laws. and its the same with ohio illinois WV. whichever license u have it doesnt matter which bank your on, thats the law u abide by....yeah u hate me
Now here you are on license issue!!:confused2: The question was about bait. Here is a link to the regs. http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/09fishguidefishingregs.pdf
You read it and make up your mind everyone else does. You might as well too.:wink: When we going fishing bro??

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.