stinky slinkys?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by baitnwait, May 16, 2008.

1. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    After recently joining the BOC and seeing all the recomendations to drift I decided to give it a serious try with good results right off. Then I bought some 3/8" fiber core rope and started making my own snagless sinkers. While in the process a thought came to me. Why not cut the rope a little longer than needed to contain the proper amount of weight, then stuff a cotton ball or two inside before sealing the end. Then they could be stored inside a ziploc bag with a fish oil or shad scent that would go with my cut bait. They could then do double duty as weights and increase the scent trail left by my rigs. I'm sure someone has thought of this before I did and give it a try. I just need to find a good scent and do a little field testing myself. Any thoughts or comments?

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Don't know about that one Dennis,The Catfish might just hit the snagless weight instead of the bait.Just a Thought. I've been wrong before,once back in 1966 but Shes Gone now.(Thank God) Oh Did I mention Diden't have anything left in the ol wallet when She got through with Me Either.But it was Money well spent!!! LOL :wink: J.D.

3. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I thought about that possability also. I'm no expert but what I was thinking was to use a scent that goes with the real bait such as a blood or fish scent to increase the scent trail left by my cut bait. With the weight dragging a couple feet or more ahead of the actual bait any cat coming up from behind should run into it first. Anyway I thought it would be interesting to try. Maybe use a couple on one side of the boat and the regular ones on the other side and see what happens.