Stinkin Hands!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Johnny B, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Anyone have any remedies to get that horrible smell off your hands from cutbait??:confused2:

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i carry a box of latex gloves if im gonna handle cut bait. also have a good hand sanitizer in my box too.

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Yeah, latex is what I use, especially if I'm gonna be eating soon! I've always felt using sanitaizer or hand wipes contaminated my hands and put a funky scent in the next bait I rigged up. But for all I know, latex does the same thing.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cmon guys... latex gloves and hand sanitizer? lmao- city folks:roll_eyes: J/K

5. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just reach over the side of the boat,and rinse off your hands,and dry on a towel! The "fishy" smell is part of fishing. You can also get a "fishi'n soap at some retailers,but it might contaminate your next bait. Ron

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    gloves or those hand wipe towels will work , i understand contaminating the bait though my question is how do ya get the smell from your hands if you get some secret 7 on them , lol ,almost seems like it has to wear off

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Try liquid dish washing detergent. It cuts the fishy smell real fast.

8. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just wait til I am done for the day and use a spray bottle with bleach water in it and the wash with soap. Works great to spray the junk out from under your fingernails!

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    One word. TOOTHPASTE. Works like a champ. But wait till you are done fishin. Gettin some cut bait juice on your samich only makes you stronger. LOL!

10. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use shaving cream and it takes it away immediately.

11. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    latex gloves.......Lame:smile2: lol if you fished with some of the guys i do and pull out a box of latex gloves the wrath of s#*! you would get would be endless lol. I usually use gojo mechanics soap then follow it up with liquid dial soap.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks for the replies...My buddy always told me dish soap and salt but it never seemed to work...toothpaste and shaving cream sounds more like it!!!:smile2:

13. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    The smell of fish when fishing. Maybe you should just stay at home, where everything is clean and smells nice. I understand wanting to get the smell off when you get home. Rince your hand off in the dirty river and dry them with a stinky cloth.

14. justinsane1

justinsane1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I use a bar of soap that you find in the hunting section, it is made of metal just rub your hands on this .. i think it is called the Magic Bar... or the old method we get a 2 liter of diet Sierra Mist , we just loosen the cap a little and rub the soda , no sugar so not sticky and your hands smell lemon lime flavored...

15. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Wash your hands with toothpaste if the smell bothers you. Brian Hupp told me about this at the rend lake gathering and it works like a charm. It doesn't bother me personally, but my girlfriend brings it with her on every trip now.

16. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The fishy smell I obtain from a night out of cattin' is a sense of accomplishment! I absolutely love being told I stink when I get home or head elsewhere!

But I always carry a little baggy of Gojo with me in case I really need to clean my hands off fast. Any other time I'll just wait until I'm next to a faucet or something.

17. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah....i keeps the sanitizer around for the post fishing clean...but i stick to an old t shirt that i'll dunk in the lake or river and hang that t shirt on a limb or over a fence or something...kinda washes itself with gravity with time....

18. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rinse your hands off and rub them with a rag. Then when you are done use gritty hand cleaner

19. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought my hands were supposed to smell like shad!! :confused2:

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont worry about it, it will wear off on a few sandwhiches.:big_smile: