Stinkbait

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by stinkbait1, Jul 14, 2006.

1. stinkbait1

stinkbait1 New Member

State:
    south caolina
    hello everybody i`m new to the boc and i have found alot of helpfull info .i do most of my fishing on the banks of hartwell lake with live bait and i wanted to know if the dip baits at walmart work or would it be better to make something at home. thanks for any help

2. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    let me be the first to help u everyone has there own opinion but get u a tub of danny kings punch bait in original i have had lots of luck with that, my opinion is that danny kings is the best stink bait out there but also try hog wild, wicked sticky, and maybe some others that people recommend one thing is dont get any of that strike king catfish dynamite or catfish charlies from walmart they dont work but hey thats down where i live. good luck:smile2:

3. stinkbait1

stinkbait1 New Member

State:
    south caolina
    thanks for the info where can i get danny kings stink bait

4. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I don't think it's very common, but I saw DK's punch bait in a Wal Mart, in a very homemade looking tub, not packaged and vacuum-sealed like all the other baits.

5. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    welcome...I've had good luck with sonny's and bee jay.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The only fish I have ever caught on stink bait is small channels, I prefer fresh bait, cut shad, even nightcrawlers over any manufatured bait..Just my opnion.

7. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ive never catch anything to big on stink bait either

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I have have never used stinkbait on hartwell. I fish the banks of hartwell too. The only reason I dont use stinkbait is because well it stinks. I mainly use live bait. I have also found that chicken livers work well but never have caught anything big off of them.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC brother, always nice to have new members.

I have tried just about every stinkbait out there and I can tell you what I have luck with here in Ohio. I have luck with Hog Wild Premo and J Pigg. Magic Bait is a sponser on here, so I would say go with the Hog Wild.

Here is a link to their website, you can get it from Walmart though.

http://www.magicbait.com/

You will find that different baits work in different bodies of water. Just because Type A works for me in Ohio does not mean Type A will work in your boy of water. Stink bait works better in warmer months like now when the water is warmer and the scent can spread faster in the water.

Make sure to try a Looper Rig, they hold bait better then anything else. Click here to look at these rigs, they will out preform everything.

Here is a link to Loops website.

http://www.loopersrigs.com/main.html

Hope this info helps out brother. You can always ask the guys in your area or make a post in your state section on here. They will be able to help you further.

10. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    DK's punchbait is the best stuff.... only if you dont mind smelling like %$#@ for the next 2 days.

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Welcome to the BOC, Michael :smile2: There's lot's of guys here that fish Hartwell (& Keowee) using mostly herring and gills, both live and cut. You can definitely give Danny King's a try (I've read lotta good things about it), but I believe over the long haul you're better off with fresh, natural bait. Where in SC do you live?

12. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    First off welcome to the BOC. I use Danny Kings punch bait and like it real well. As far as most of the baits on the shelf at wal mart I would leave them alone, most wont work. Check out the threads here and try and find the baits recommended by the members. One thing to remember your area may be different than theirs and what works in one area may not work in another.

13. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've never done well with stink bait myself, but I know you can catch a lot of small fish on it. I know some people that fish monticello who use little marshmellows and dip them in hog wild (blood something or other) and it's not unussual for them to catch over 100 in a day. But like I said they're all 9" long fish. Hope this helps.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

15. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I think they call it punch bait ,because after you first take the lid off it does this to your face....... :beated: LOL! It works though.

16. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have never used stink bait, I have always relied on natural baits. After reading a lot of posts here, I recently ordered a gallon of Danny King's Punch Bait. I am going to give it a try very soon in the rivers I fish. If all I get is a cooler full of eating size channels, that's just fine by me! I'll post my results. Good fishin', Jack.

17. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have had some success using Wal-Mart's chicken livers sprayed with sex-scent.

18. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Ok I'll be the one to ask what the heck is sex-scent?
    Loop

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have tried Danny kings Hog Wild for bait! This year I can't even get sonnys to work where as last year the only thing they would hit on was sonnys! Now they were not great big fish but good eater size.I have yet to catch a trophy and I have been fishing on and off all my life.When I was a kid stink bait was very limited I had 2 choices beej or Atomic PU both of those always produced for me.I don't think AtomicPU is available anymore but bj still is and I think I'm gonna get me a jar and see if that will bring them out of their hiding places for me.Hope you have a great time on the BOC it's a very enjoyable site to be on and also addicting!----------pk powell:smile2: