Stinkbait presentation

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Mike Nichols, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Mike Nichols

Mike Nichols New Member

What is the best rig setup for fishing stinkbaits that you have found?

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I use #4 or #6 treble hooks (4X strong) and mold the stink bait around it in a bell shape ball.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Do you have a picture of that?

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I like the mesh tubes from walmart, and also Loopers rigs. Loop is a sponser here, and of course a walmart is everywhere. Later Andy

5. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    4-6" off bottom, looper rig on a dropper loop.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Kevin,

All that I do is get a butter knife (just for the Stink Bait) and a Looper Rig (of any kind) and spread the Stink bait on it like you was making a peanut butter sandwich, "dip the baited rig in the water Before you cast" to let it form on the rig better, and cast it out - "but not to hard" because you may lose alot of the bait on the rig, but the looper rig for the Stink Bait is the way to do it Buddy.

Here's the site to get some: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9237
    :0a26:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I don't have a picture but you start with a pinch of the stink bait where the line meets the hook and as you go down the treble hook (as you apply the bait) will make the bait go into a ball and you form your ball around the hooks. You decide how big you want the ball to be.

I have learned from experience you better have 4X strong treble hooks and even then some of them will break.

I looked and these are 3X strong but will work if you can't find 4X strong.

"Mustad 7794BD short shank treble hook has a ringed eye and is 3 extra strong. Duratin finish makes this a fish hook for freshwater and saltwater use".

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Mike! Please check out my post in the member library called DIP BAIT METHODS. This explains how I do it and may be some help to you also. Thanks. Mark..

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome mike to da HOOD!:smile2: