Stinkbait for channel catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by breadboy, Jun 10, 2006.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi guys,
    I am new to the boards. I was wanting to know what, in your opinion, is the best brand of stinkbait to use for channel cats. I will use it at small ponds stocked with catfish. I have used Hogg wild and caught a weighed 5 pound cat (nice for stinkbait), but that was it. I will most likely get the stinkbait at Wal-Mart (they have many brands and lowest priced).

Thanks,
    Bread

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Also, if there are any doughbaits or prepared catfish balls that are good to try, feel free to add those in as well.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Kyle, welcome to the BOC, this is a great site. (ps) i don't know about stink-bait. I only use fresh cut-bait or live.........

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i usually use a viriety of stink baits but the grey hog wild works great imo

i use 3 different types of hog wild, i think its sonnys super sticky stink bait shad and blood, and a few others i cant remember but i mixed them all together but havent tried them yet, also all were from walmart cept the grey hog wild, but i hope this helps

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where I sometimes go fishing, for some reason I haven't caught any cats on cut bluegill. There are very few shad in the area. I try to use the bloodiest and guts first, but have yet to get one. Tonight I caught one cat on a minnow crappie fishing. It was about 1 pound and 15 inches long.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have try stink bait, got a few bites, but I think u is better off using livers or nightclawers.

7. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    By the way, the place I will use the stinkbait is in a little pond with stocked catfish that are fed fish chow. There have been 30-40 pound blues caught there, but the majority of the fish there are 1-5 pound channel cats.

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I know this is off topic, but how do you put up an avatar. I just want a picture of a catfish instead of this head thing.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    First of all -:0a25: to the B.O.C. Kyle:
    Now about Stinkbait:
    You may want to give "Wicked Sticky" Stinkbait a shot.
    You can pick up some at the "Catfish Connection" web site.
    Here are some photos (victims) of that bait.
    :0a23:
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

Attached Files:

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Lets not forget about the best stink bait which IMO "DANNY KINGS" it is awesome:big_smile:

11. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi i have tryed stink bait (((BUT)) i have had my best luck on brim,,shad,,soft shell crab THANKS TIMBO:big_smile:

12. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    I have used sonnys super sticky (blood).I mainly fish the Mississippi river.It seemed to me with dip bait you get alot of bites but they are mostly little ones 1 to 2#.I quit using it and mostly use cut bait,crawdads,or live bait now.Not as much bites but better fish.Good luck.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Jeff,

If the Channels in the area that you are fishing, at the time, are big you will get them.
    :0a23: :0a26:

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

14. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    First, welcome to the BOC. I like danny kings punch bait. It stays on the hook real good and have been haveing good luck with it. Danny King is a sponsor of the BOC and I think for your location you can only get it through the mail. I have tried the brands they have in the stores and just have not had that good of luck with them. Give Danny Kings a try and I am sure you will like it.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    There is absolutely, nothing like this dip bait! A second choice for me would be G.S., which you can also get from catfish connection at about half price of what it cost in our local baitshops!

16. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    breadboy, i have personaly caught the majority of my cat fish on chicken liver, but i have caught a few nice ones on Berkly stink bait dough balls.

you can get it at walmart!!

17. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Shania, nice fish I'll be trying that as well as Danny Kings. Thanks for the info.
    Breadboy, go to user cp its at the top of the page in that yello bar. Top left of bar. Then click on edit avatar then follow the instructions, its not to bad after you get into it...Abu65

18. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey welcome to the BOC my friend. well my stinkbaits that i use are mainly sonnys super sticky channel cat baid original and blood. its very sticky and catches ALOT of cats. its only for channels though!

19. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Kyle welcome to BOC! I have used stink bait a little on rod and reels have caught anything. Probaly haven't been useing wright kind. But in the spring of the year in shallow water on a trot line its all I use.

20. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    welcome to the BOC, i have never had any luck on any baits that are man made, the best baits to use are the ones nature provides, even if you buy it from a store (ie shrimp, Chicken livers, or chicken gizzards and harts), i have had a lot of success on the Gizzards and harts out here, you can add garlic to em or what ever you think will work, hope this helps ya