Stink Stuff

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WillyMan, Aug 28, 2009.

1. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :eek:oooh: I went fishing last week with a friend from work. He pulled out some lure dipping sauce, it really smelled bad. As I have never used anything like it before I didnt think it would work:crazy: WOW!!! That stuff was bringing in cats. But.... two days later I found myself checking under my shoes. What is the best way to clean that kind of stuff up?:confused2:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm not sure what it is to get it off but for the smell baking soda is the ticket.

3. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Now, That's Funny! I hate that stuff, but it works. Just soap and water on clothes and shoes. A little denatured alcohol on the tough stuff. If it gets in the boat carpet then a pressure washer at the car wash works. I usually keep a jar of that stuff around for hard times, but it'll run your friends off. It would be good to use to play a prank on somebody.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :smile2: Cats love SMELL!!

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man i hate that stuff, its no cure, certain things help the smell but when you are talking to your friends and they start looking around with there nose up in the air and ask, "Do you smell that?" You will know that none of the soaps work. It will wear off in a week or so:smile2:

6. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    The best thing that I've found is just to throw whatever you get it on away. If you get it on your boat try to sale it. :big_smile: But it does work.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    To get the smell off your hands try toothpaste. Sometimes more than one applications is needed.

8. mahcmos

mahcmos New Member

State:
    SC
    That is all we fish with. We don't have much trouble with it getting on everything other than maybe a spot or two on the boat floor(our boat floor is Line-X'd so it's easy to clean) or a spot on my hat lol.

Which stink baits are you using, and how are you getting it on you? are you guys rolling around in the stuff? :smile2:

Mickey is right about the toothpaste. Toothpaste works for a lot of things.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  9. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I usually buy the biggest tub I can find and use a long spoon to dip my tubes in it. This method seems to allow me to fish with it without getting it all over me. Those little jars end up getting messy.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    TRY STEPPING IN DOG CRAP

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    If you cant get the smell off after a washing or two . Use a little bleech , works every time .

12. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thats part of fishing with stink bait, just dont chew your nails.:eek:oooh:

13. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    It's a good idea not to pick your nose either. I just use a plastic spoon to add the stinky to my baits, works great and if you make a mistake, (like getting stinky all over the spoon), chunk it in the trash bag and just grab another and you're set to go.

14. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Those disposable chop sticks work great. Same thing, just put in trash bag when the get messy.

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I love to use liver chesse when fishing for eater channels. But it is a dough bait that yes comes in a jar. The only way ya can get a ball of it made is yes:eek:oooh: roll it up like a bisquit in your hands and put it on a treble. So as ya must of guessed I truly stink :crazy:sometimes when I get in, because if ya use wet ones or baby wipes while fishing the cats will know I promise. I keep a old toothbrush in the shower along with a container of 1/2 vingar and 1/2 strait lemon juice. :wink:I scrub the fire out of my hands with that mixture and make sure I get underneath my nails:big_smile:... Then afterwards i wash as normal. It is a process and man the vingar will have a smell all its own :crazy:but after ya wash with soap it tends to go away....Good luck

16. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina

:smile2: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    thanks