Stink free hands

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kspor, Aug 21, 2006.

1. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Just had to share with you a way to get rid of that sweet smell of catfish baits on your hands. I have tried nearly everything from hunting products to home remedies and still smell like dip bait and guts.

Well last night I went fishing and came home to find the dog had left a present for me on the floor. I grabbed the OdorBan and took care of the mess.

Well as I was putting it away I wondered if it would remove the aroma of dip bait. It does and in one application. I had already scrubbed my hands and all I did was spray them once and work the stuff around real good. The odor was completely gone.

Wife and I will use it everytime we fish. And since we are getting a frog drowner as I write this, it might be tonight.

Hope it works for all of you.

I get mine at Sam's, but I have seen it everywhere. Kills any foul odor I have used it on.

2. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for posting that a have been woundering what will take the smell away

Great post thanks

3. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Kent. After coming home for fishing at the old pier, even after washing my hands thoroughly, they still smell like shrimp and mullet. I'll have to give this stuff a try.

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Washing you hands in tooth paste also works very well.

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    take a lime sqeeze the juices in your hands rub it in real good then rinse it if it will take garic smell off it will take anything off

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Citrus usually does the job. We have an orangy stuff we use in the garage to get the smell and stain of oil and grease and whatnot off of us, also takes the smell from hogs and horse stalls out as well. I'm sure it'd work. Lemon and Lime juice also does the trick for the smell just not as well.

7. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    take the smell off? take the smell off? now what kinda fun would that be? besides, i've been cattin so long i'm pretty used to it. matter of fact, i like it!!:big_smile:

8. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Why would you want to get rid of that smell?? I usually just come home and cuddle up to the wife, without even washing up.......:eek:oooh:

9. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks for sharing...I'll try it.:smile2:

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Thanks For The Tip:smile2: , I'm A K-9 Trainer & We Use ODOBAN In The Kennels, It Works Great. Never Thought Of Using It As An Anti-Stink Bait Agent:cool2:

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanks , I'll give it a try.

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i dont use stink bait but do smell fishy from time to time a good shower prevents that tho lol

13. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I use the Mr Clean liquid cleaner, but it has to be the blue kind. A buddy told me about it and it works really well too.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I got some odo ban I use for the dog's pads, Ill have to give it a try along with the lemon and toothpasts. My hands used to get stained from liver for days.