Stink bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by PTDixieGal, Oct 18, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I'm going to be going to Bass Pro on Monday and I was wondering if anyone had purchased stink bait there and if they had any success with it. I've had a lot of success with Magic Bait's Big Bite Original Liver and Cheese Bait, but I don't see it listed on their website (they may have it, but it's not listed on their site...but then again it may not be listed because they don't carry it).

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have purchased Catfish Charlies in the Shad at the St Louis Bass Pro. I had great success on this bait and would recommend it. There are a lot of good dip baits out there.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Catfish Charlie's used to always do good for me when I used it.

4. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have had huge success with Junnies Sewer Bait.

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I have bought Bill dance advantage super sticky dip bait and premo super sticky dip bait ( blood and regular )from the Bass Pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga CA. had good success with both of them.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Melissa,

You do not use cut bait? If you would u should catch bigger fish. Way back when I used Catfish Charlie's Blood Have not used it in years , been using Gil's and cot bait.
    Hope this helps

7. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My brother's supposed to give me some of the bream he caught the other day. Hasn't gotten around to it yet.

:angry: to my brother. Or is it :eek:oooh:?

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have had no success with stink bait and it amazes me that there is so much of it out there. I MUST be doing something wrong

9. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    One thing I do is I try to do a little experiment. The more rods you can get out, the better. Have a variety of baits available. We'll usually have one rod with a worm. Another rod may have real chicken liver. The third rod may have liver and cheese stink bait, the fourth one may have a dip bait, and the fifth rod may have a punch bait. Doesn't really matter what bait you use, but the idea is to have a variety available to help you see what they're biting.

Now this is a second reply to a previous post...my brother still has not given me any of his cut bait. If he don't give me some by next Tuesday I am going to try using my Rhino to go after baitfish and my Shakespeare Tiger to go after the cats. My other option would be to bring my ultralite along and use the Rhino and the Shakespeare Tiger for the cats.

10. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    ...that I'm going to experiment with different baits. Right now I am going to experiment with DK's punch bait (garlic), Charlie Blood Dip, and Bee Jay doughbait (blood). As soon as I can get some bait fish, I am going to experiment with that, too.

11. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Well, my brother still hasn't been able to get the cut bait to me so when I head out Tuesday I'm gonna bring my two heavy rods and run them for catfish, but I'm also gonna bring my ultralite. I've gotta do some minor maintenance on it as I haven't used it in a while, but it's still in working condition so I figure I'd best get her ready so I can go after baitfish.