Stink Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wallbass, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was wondering what brand of stink bait you use for Channels and Bullheads here in Indiana. I have use lucky 7 and caught a few. But I know there may be a better one.

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the one that i use is sonnys i wait ontill the river comes up about 5 feet or more then i take my bait a throw it up under the willow trees an they tear it up

3. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I can always count on bee jay or hog wild

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Sonnys always comes through.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Haven't used stink bait in a long time. Sonny's always seemed to produce. Never did catch any bullheads on stink bait though, always catch them while panfishing with minnows/nightcrawlers and a lot on chicken livers and bread.

6. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are you guys using a Looper rig or ?????? :big_smile:

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i never had any luck with stink bait till a few years ago. a buddy gave me some danny kings (blood) punch bait, man they are all over that stuff! after the water gets into the 50s thats all ill use for channels. just a slip rig with a small treble and its usually still on there when i land the fish.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes I use the Looper rig exclusively. It holds the bait longer. I mix by bait to the approx thickness of a thick milkshake.:0a26::0a23:

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    lucky seven great stink bait caught alot of channels with it

10. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Danny King is the only stink bait I'll ever use

11. predatorfisher

predatorfisher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I've tried a bunch of stinkbaits but little luck. I usually use cut bluegills after they are filleted or I'll make doughballs with total brand cereal and they tear it up. A lot of times I use live smaller gills or green sunfish and catch a lot of channels.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to use S.B. when I was a kid and fished mainly paylakes. I have my own lake now and I'll tell ya something you didnt ask...
    If I cast two poles out within two feet of each other one with a piece of hot dog and the other with stink bait the sb will sit all day and I'll go through a whole package of hotdogs catchin' channels within that two foot of the stink bait!
    Hotdogs never worked well for me in the river though and neither has stink bait.

13. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I have had my best catches off of cheese stink bait, don't know what it is but it seems like they can't resist the smell of it.

14. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    The cheese bait usually are a mix of Hog Brains and Cheese, from there on you can add about any thing you can think of to it.They work good in he early spring and late fall because they are made for a sponge very runny hard to use in the hot summer days. Bill's Cheese Bait is proble the best Cheese bait
    Loop

15. pikerhoss

pikerhoss New Member

State:
    indiana
    I used sonny yesterday and caught a nice little fiddler on it. Mostly if I'm targeting littler fish I'll use stinky bait. Sonny's, Premo (did well too).
    Even though it's mostly for small fish, I have seen a big ole blue take premo's.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, I even caught a 2 lb largemouth bass once on stinkbait