stink bait

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Wallbass, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    whats the best stink bait for small channels??

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    power bait works the best

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Your going to get a lof of different opinions on this question. When I don't have live or cut bait available, I will use one of several brands of stinkbait. I like these Sonnys Super Stickey Blood, Catfish Charlies Shad, Wicked Stickey, and Premo. There are days they will prefer one over the other on the same lake. The next day they will want something different. That is just fishing. Good luck on your choices.

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Mickey is right Jeff. You can fish one bait one day and the next it just don't work. I think your best bet is to start with a real good blood or a shad stink bait. Uncle Charlie's is the brand that I always used.

5. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Try some Catfish dynamite by Strike King bait company. The barbecue flavor works extremly well and i will try the cheese flavor this week and tell how it does. Also, you may want to look at the Team Catfish Secret 7 dipbait. Heres a link for more info.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75501

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
  7. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    the limburger cheese and calf brains used to be one of our favorites. bills stink bait was the name of it. have to use a sponge and a treble hook. if you get it on you you'll have to wear it off. and don't tighten the lid down all the way, and keep it in a cool place. when the water gets warmer delongs chicken blood works good too. it seems to clot up when the waters cold and don't work as well.

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    For smal channels I would use a bloody powerbait if you can find it.