Stink bait for channel catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by dano40, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. dano40

    dano40 New Member

    Messages:
    122
    State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Just wondering what brand of stink bait everyone is using for channel cats? I use Sonny's super sticky original formula or Hog Wild blood formula.
     
  2. catfish_jordan

    catfish_jordan New Member

    Messages:
    240
    State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i use BJ'S or sonnys are at the top for me
     

  3. dust777man

    dust777man New Member

    Messages:
    536
    State:
    SC
    I use Sonny's and just about anything I can get my hands on. Never know what might work.
     
  4. rebcatman

    rebcatman New Member

    Messages:
    555
    State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I use a number of different brands, Catfish Charlie, Mr. Catfish, Hog Wild and sonny's.
     
  5. tufffish

    tufffish New Member

    Messages:
    1,196
    State:
    Texas
    i like danny king the best, but hog wild and mr. whiskers work well also.
     
  6. riverdawg-1

    riverdawg-1 New Member

    Messages:
    738
    State:
    salem, va
    I have tried several kinds and not had any luck. I can put out rods with cut bait, liver, and stinkbait and the liver and cut bait will catch fish, but i've never caught any thing on the other one?
     
  7. mongesf

    mongesf New Member

    Messages:
    91
    State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    Hoss's Hawg Bait, Wicked Sticky and Sonny's
     
  8. tkishkape

    tkishkape New Member

    Messages:
    782
    State:
    Gore, Okla
    Once ya try the best, y'all will forgit the rest....

    Danny King Catfish Punch Bait. (I like the original and blood)

    Now, iff'n yer tryin to ketch Mr Blue, you kain't go wrong with skiphack herring.
     
  9. F150Catfish

    F150Catfish New Member

    Messages:
    369
    State:
    Wisconsin
    I used it but not anymore because there's no luck for me. I prefer use nightcrawler, shiner, and liver for channel.
     
  10. shania

    shania New Member

    Messages:
    5,942
    State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  11. bowfin

    bowfin New Member

    Messages:
    165
    State:
    North Carolina
    Sonnys Is what I like to use
     
  12. Ahquabi_Master

    Ahquabi_Master New Member

    Messages:
    999
    State:
    WDM Iowa
    Hogwild blood baby. I never go wrong with that stuff. Best of luck!
     
  13. Taliesin

    Taliesin New Member

    Messages:
    680
    State:
    Missouri
     
  14. CaTmAnDo55

    CaTmAnDo55 New Member

    Messages:
    154
    State:
    florence, SC
    i like to use primos, it works real good for the smaller ones
     
  15. FISHINSANTEE

    FISHINSANTEE New Member

    Messages:
    39
    State:
    sc
    I like that Hogg Wild, always worked real good for me, but I might try that wicked sticky stuff
     
  16. buddah

    buddah New Member

    Messages:
    1,622
    State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I bought my first container of BIG BITE chicken blood essence. It's a past sort of. I never really used it but suggestions are more than welcome though. How do you get this stuff on the hook? do you use a spring?
    It smells horriffic (I opened it up on the way home in the back seat of Tom's vehicle...lol) :roll_eyes:
     
  17. 223reload

    223reload New Member

    Messages:
    10,798
    State:
    Oklahoma
    Seems like the more I fish for blues with fresh bait ,the less I use sting/commercial baits for channels. chicken liver for me
     
  18. Mickey

    Mickey New Member Supporting Member

    Messages:
    14,592
    State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with this post and would add Catfish Charlie Shad stink bait.:smile2:
     
  19. bigkittyhunter

    bigkittyhunter New Member

    Messages:
    25
    State:
    illinois
    98% of mine are on sonnys blood, cant go wrong with that stuff, the other 2% usally on dk's. I also use cut bait and chicken livers.
     
  20. KSflatheadKING3511

    KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

    Messages:
    51
    State:
    Kansas
    i would use Sonnys original blood dip bait- i landed a 24# channel (14 shy of state record) the other day on it fishing in a local lake's spillway