Stillwater And Gmr Meet

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by DELLIS, Feb 26, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Does anybody know how the fishing is where the stillwater and gmr meet it doesn't look like a far trip trying to find some new areas besides combs bark and b street boat ramp that can be reached easily by car without alot of walking since my 5 yr old goes alot

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if your thinking about putting a boat in there forget it, dayton and the metro parks closed the ramps down years ago. think the university of dayton's rowing team and the dayton canoe club lobbied for their own "private" stretch of river:mad: the only fishable areas there are in the "metro parks" and they will run you out of there at dusk. i wouldnt want to be around there after dusk anyways! kind of a bad area. do you know where rentschler forest is off of rt.4? its a nice park but it closes at dusk also. and you have to pay $5 to visit or by a season pass ....geez!

3. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Thanks for the info i guess i will have to keep looking

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree with Dink on this one, the ramps there have been closed for 15 years do to the drug and "pickle" business in the area. No one wants to patrol the area. Fishing all along the GMR is pretty good for Channels but around downtown, if I was gonna be there during evenings, Id go with a friend or or I d "Pack". The area is getting very overr un with druggies looking to break into cars,rob you for $3 or worse, ( dont ask....) :eek:

Dellis, where are you located? maybe we can help point you to a few places that would be good for you and the kids.

Salmonid

5. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    in west chester right now we fish the gmr at combs park and the b street boat ramp behind the eagles and columbis bowling alley

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dellis, Hmmmm, I cat really help you that much since I fish mostly from Middletown to Indian Lake, Im sure there are a few others on this board from the Cinci area that could help you out locally. I do know a lot of folks get nice cats at the Hamilton Dam and its a high traffic area so it would be safer then most areas along the river.

Salmonid

7. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    as far as where the stillwater and gmr meet i fished it with small carp, bluegill and live shad and didnt get a flat. plus my dad was gettin a botled water out of the car some guy came up to me started askin weird questions. luckily my dad came back and the guy wondered off.since im 16 i always carry a big knifem in a sheath on my belt!

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ..."pickle buisness"...ROTFLMAO!:thumbsup: you "nailed" that area with that term!