Stillwater 12-17-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Dec 18, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well i decided to get out and channel cat for a hour or so. Being lazy i didnt feel like breaking down the flathead rods so i kept the ohio river rigs on. The river is still up about a foot and i fished a outside bend that averaged about 4ft deep. I took chicken livers and frozen shad, i landed 4 channels all in the 2-5 pound range. Not the biggest fish in the river but it was nice to catch something. I will post the pics when i get off work tonight.

PS
    The interesting thing about the trip was that i didnt get one hit on chicken livers. All fish were caught on the same shad head:eek:oooh:

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad to hear your still out there hitting it Nate! Congrats on your trip!
    Oh by the way I love your new Grandmas boy Avatar! LMAO!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the good trip Nate. And that avatar is classic! :smile2: rollo

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thanks guys, and i wanted to change it up with the avatar. I only wish i could put this caption under it. " Is this Marv Albert?":smile2:

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats Nate on getting out and catching a few...

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i got back out today and it was very frustrating. I got there and hooked up almost immediately on a very large fish, it pulled drag and got me into a snag:angry:. I never saw what the fish was and 3 years ago i caught a 20 pound flathead out of this spot.:confused2: I stayed another 2 hours and never got another hook up. I was fishing 5/0 circles with shad, i had plenty of thumps but no takers. I actually had a fish slug my bait 10 straight times and not get hooked... Im going back out tomorrow after work for another try