Still working...

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by thegavel, Apr 28, 2008.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Model#: 6R-735
    Serial#: J3731136

I don't know anything for sure about this motor, so I have a few questions... :crazy:

1) What year is it? I know it is a 19__ Johnson 6hp Sea Horse....

2) I need some parts but don't know where to get them...
    I need:
    - The seal that goes on the edge of the fiberglass motor cover
    - The choke handle... it comes from the motor and goes through the casing... The old one has a number on it... 311334 This might be a part #?

I checked local parts stores, junk yards, and Menards... I can't seem to find anything even comparable...

Thank you in Advance...
    Christopher

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Anyone out there got any ideas? advice?

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP! :confused2:

3. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia

On the rubber seal for the motor cap : Try checking with your local auto paint supply store. Some of them have extensive stocks of rubber seal moldings. They may be able to help you match something up that would work even if it's not the same as original.
    Also: I've been hearing that NAPA auto stores are getting a large recommendation for being able to order boat parts. This was a new one on me, but several friends have said they ordered parts through them for older boats.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thatmodel number is a 6R-73S 1973 johnson 6 h/p.
    Go to this web site and http://epc.brp.com/login.aspx?Retur...rands=ej&lang=E&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 click on parts and it will open a window at the top you can choose evenrude or johnson, choose and then select year and h/p, your model number will show up and click on the tag and it will expand to offer you a exploded parts view so you can name your things missing with a parts number also. sometimes this site is down so you have to keep going back to it. you don't have to log in or anything.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks Bubbakat! I found one of the pieces I am looking for, and think I am going to have to have the other one made in a machine shop!