Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO its been two weeks now and i havent picked up a smoke. Thanks to all for your suggestions in helping me try and break this yummy habit. A big thanks to who ever it was that suggested cinammon gum (sorry i cant remember who it was) ive been chewing it every time i get a craving and it has definitely helped. The cravings are still there, but they arent as often. But now i have another question. has anyone ever had a hital hernia surgery??? or even has it??? i have decided to aggresively take care of mine but not real sure what im getting in to. So any suggestions let me know or anyone have any information that would be awesome too.... thanks people.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If I remember correctly, this is the hernia in which your stomach is forced through a hole in the esophagus, pinching the devil outta the stomach and making you think you've had a heart attack. It that's the varmit, I have one of those critters. When I spoke to the Doc about it, he told me they could sew the tear together to alleviate the problem. Then he busted the bubble by saying the esophagus would only tear in a new location, and I'd be throwing good money after bad money. That was about 15 years ago. Maybe they have made some of those large strides in medicine whereas it can be treated better now. I'd talk to a doctor I trusted. If he looks like he needs money,, go somewhere else. LOL

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i have never heard of a hital hernia, but that doesnt mean i havent had one. congrats on quiting smoking. every time i have to go to Medical for a check up, the doc always asks me if i use tobacco. i tell them yeah i do, and they tell me i really need to stop using it. i just tell them that if i stop using tobacco then they are going to be alot more busy, because i will be breaking peoples legs left and right. i get angry without my tobacco. :wink:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
i used chantix and kept on smoking i ended up just quitting cold turkey just gotta have will power smoke free since jan 8 my wife has hital hernia and she just takes meds she say some has to have surgery

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good for you, girl. Just look to your bros and sisters at the BOC when you start to need support. You`re way too smart to purposely give yourself wrinkles and cancer. A doctor can help w/ the hernia, but only U can help yourself w/ the ****. Just know you have our admiration!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Good for you. Keep it up. I quit july 27th of last year and my wife followed a month latter. Tell you what I feel alot better. The only problem is we added it up on how much we spent each month on smokes and it came up to around 250 bucks:crazy:. I had this great idea that 250 bucks was a boat payment. And there lies the problem, I don't see a boat out there:roll_eyes:. Seems the money is being spent somewhere else:sad2:. Keep it up and just think of all the money you can waste on something else:smile2::wink:

Matt

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
i used chantix and kept on smoking i ended up just quitting cold turkey just gotta have will power smoke free since jan 8 my wife has hital hernia and she just takes meds she say some has to have surgery
Congrats, Vic. Stay with it. The Chantix worked for me. I quit on Jan. 8th also. After all the times I tried to quit, this feels real good. I ain't looking back! LOL

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Yes, way to go! keep up the good fight.

Chantrix is my drug of choice. It's not a magic pill that makes you quit, you have to want to quit. It just makes it much easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.