STILL NOT SMOKING!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vicktoria, Mar 12, 2008.

1. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    SO its been two weeks now and i havent picked up a smoke. Thanks to all for your suggestions in helping me try and break this yummy habit. A big thanks to who ever it was that suggested cinammon gum (sorry i cant remember who it was) ive been chewing it every time i get a craving and it has definitely helped. The cravings are still there, but they arent as often. But now i have another question. has anyone ever had a hital hernia surgery??? or even has it??? i have decided to aggresively take care of mine but not real sure what im getting in to. So any suggestions let me know or anyone have any information that would be awesome too.... thanks people.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Vic congrats on your smoking accomplishments. Stay strong you can whip it. I can't help you with question #2.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If I remember correctly, this is the hernia in which your stomach is forced through a hole in the esophagus, pinching the devil outta the stomach and making you think you've had a heart attack. It that's the varmit, I have one of those critters. When I spoke to the Doc about it, he told me they could sew the tear together to alleviate the problem. Then he busted the bubble by saying the esophagus would only tear in a new location, and I'd be throwing good money after bad money. That was about 15 years ago. Maybe they have made some of those large strides in medicine whereas it can be treated better now. I'd talk to a doctor I trusted. If he looks like he needs money,, go somewhere else. LOL

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have never heard of a hital hernia, but that doesnt mean i havent had one. congrats on quiting smoking. every time i have to go to Medical for a check up, the doc always asks me if i use tobacco. i tell them yeah i do, and they tell me i really need to stop using it. i just tell them that if i stop using tobacco then they are going to be alot more busy, because i will be breaking peoples legs left and right. i get angry without my tobacco. :wink:

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Quitting smoking was a tough one, but well worth it. I have found my nose actually works. Although sometimes I wish it didn't.LOL Wish you well in your endeavor.
    Later Andy

6. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good job I wish I could quit. I have been taking Chantex for about 5 weeks now and it still is not helping!!!!

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Big ole Congrats to you Vic !!! Hang in there and good luck :wink::cool2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Good deal, I quit cold turkey and will never smoke again.:big_smile:

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i used chantix and kept on smoking i ended up just quitting cold turkey just gotta have will power smoke free since jan 8 my wife has hital hernia and she just takes meds she say some has to have surgery

10. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Good for you, girl. Just look to your bros and sisters at the BOC when you start to need support. You`re way too smart to purposely give yourself wrinkles and cancer. A doctor can help w/ the hernia, but only U can help yourself w/ the fags. Just know you have our admiration!

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Good for you. Keep it up. I quit july 27th of last year and my wife followed a month latter. Tell you what I feel alot better. The only problem is we added it up on how much we spent each month on smokes and it came up to around 250 bucks:crazy:. I had this great idea that 250 bucks was a boat payment. And there lies the problem, I don't see a boat out there:roll_eyes:. Seems the money is being spent somewhere else:sad2:. Keep it up and just think of all the money you can waste on something else:smile2::wink:

Matt

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Vic,
    The Hiatal Hernia is much more common than most folks think. If you Google it there is tons of info to be found...W

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats, Vic. Stay with it. The Chantix worked for me. I quit on Jan. 8th also. After all the times I tried to quit, this feels real good. I ain't looking back! LOL

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, way to go! keep up the good fight.

Chantrix is my drug of choice. It's not a magic pill that makes you quit, you have to want to quit. It just makes it much easier.