Still No Power @ Home

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    This totally stinks!!!

I havent had power at home since approx. 12:15 yesterday afternoon, I know they are working on restoring power to all that have lost it but it is just tough especially when you have 3 daughters in the house that really do get bored quickly and easily!

We have tried games, and other things, but with no electricity to even see by makes it tough. We have been burning the batteries in the little electric lanterns, but it dont provide enough for long enough for the kiddos.

Wish me luck on getting my power back today/tonight!!!

It is nice if you want to relax or sleep, I did sleep well last night, almost like being out in the country except having a bed... Lol, ok not really...

Ok, 1 last thing I thought of I wanted to add, try hanging 2 small electric lanterns on the outside of your shower curtain to the hooks that hold the curtain to see while taking a shower.... Talking about interesting! I did it this morning!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jim that is why i keep extra battieries and flash light around just in case of no lights also if kids have to be in at certian time or not let them out playing little longer aways good luck bro hope the lights on soon

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jim hope it comes back on today for ya. Keep us informed.

4. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    Okay, so I'm going to post anything before Jim gets the chance since well I'm here with the three girls that wanted power to have some tv or light to do so mething besides sit in the dark... WE HAVE POWER!!!!! The power came back on about 15 minutes ago. After doing the "we have power" jumps for joy the 3yr old isn't bored anymore because she gets to watch "Bob" and the other two are at the dentist. Most important I can get on catfish1.com! :)

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well congrats guys! glad everything worked out for you in a timely order! i know all about the electric going out! bout this time last year, i lived out by laurel, and some tornadoes came through.. we were without power for 8 days! we ended up driving to my moms house and staying there, but still had to go out and feed the dogs.. watering them got pretty expensive, we were on well water, and without electric, the pump ain gonna work! so they got spoiled that week drinking bottled water:eek:oooh:

once again glad everything is fine now! :cool2:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to see you all got power.... our power went out here but it was only for about 20 mins... a few trees knocked down.. nothing major

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like the life a full-blooded hillbilly redneck would live LOL.

8. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    hillbilly because what? He hung the thing on the shower curtain so he could see? Myself I don't think it was hillbilly I think it was actually funny to know that he had lights while he showered! Hey and he smells clean too!

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    gald yall got lights back on :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: what if had no lights hell yeah i put light in shower so i can take a shower :smile2::smile2::smile2: no not a hillbilly