Still fishing ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Bacardipr05, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Is everyone still fishing or have you guys packed in for the year. Me I am still going for a little bit her and there. It would be hard to packed it up for the year. I still wanna catch one more carp and or flat head for the year. Looks like this weekend the Regatta people will have the Skuk on lock down.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Angel, between work and my kid crew all my time is on lockdown. This past week would have been great fishing time, but I just could not get out there. :crazy: I probably won't pack it in until the freezing temps come.:choler:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I may give it one last shot when the weather lets up.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah this rain has been a killer and the quickly falling temps. I understand Philly cat haven't seen anyone out around the Skuk. Seems like people are still fishing the Delaware though. I have been going there just so I wont be that lone wolf fishing...lol... Starting to get those looks from passerby you know that you still fishing... The bass and channels are still bitting though... Go figure Philly now I am catching the smallies caught two in about 20 minutes the other day...But the time is almost near to pack it up :cry: Good luck to every one.,, Hit me up we can all go out one or two more times...

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I fish year round including on the ice! This month of October has just been brutal on me as far as my job goes. I will have put in 240 hours total for the past 4 weeks after today! I'm not complaining as I'm putting some nice cash in the checking account but it has totally killed my fishing this month! :crazy: I just wanted to toss this out so you guys know why I havn't posted a report for a month! Good luck to those who are still out there fishing and there is no reason to quit when it gets cold out, just have to adapt to the conditions and pursue those species which are catchable over the winter!

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You are a brave soul I usually stop when temps dip below 60. Not because i am afraid of the cold its just for me they don't seem to bite as often.

7. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    You might not believe this, but up here on the north branch the fishin is just starting to get good. Two of my buddy's were out Mon eve. and cought 30 Channal's up to 30". Thur. I was out for about 4 hour's and got 5 and missed 3 other's. The river came up about 2' this last week and it turned them on prity good. I'll be cattin untel my sinker bounces off the ice. I've even cought some cat through the ice, they werent the targeted fish, they just happend too come along. So dont give it up yet.:wink:

Scott sorry to here your workin so much, I guess you'll be a millionair by next year(LOL):smile2: As they alway's say you got to make hey while the sun shin's.:wink:

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for the info jim yeah the channels where still biting for me. Philly and Tan like the flatheads though not sure if still bitting or not. Now only if this rain will stop.........:sad2:

9. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    the rain has stopped! heading out in a few

10. easttexcowboy55

easttexcowboy55 New Member

Had a good day with a 40 lb catfish

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Once the rain stopped i went out. I had a good time caught me a 9lb 14. Another maybe 5 or 6 lbers and a couple of dinks. Probably my PB for this summer or a close second. This guy was nice and fat and had a nice color to him. Almost look like a flat had that green tint to him.

12. BRSUPERSTAR

BRSUPERSTAR New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That rain was a real bummer for me. I was planning to take my nephews out but it was too rainy Yesterday.

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    It was nice and sunny once it cleared up. But I can uderstand who wants a whole bunch of kids running thru mud. Uncle superstar would of got a nice talking from the little bro . :wink: ....... All in all two decent size channels and the rest of them where dinks. (at leat to me)

14. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nothing but the little dinks my last two outings. Seems thats what everyone is catching. I guess the big guys have moved or moving deeper.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    yes Angel....................DEEP!

Did very well last night.

16. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Lol congrats on doing well Blacky. Brrr it get colds out once that sun goes down. I am just messing with the Channels and hoping on hooking up with a carp and tampering with getting a Striper. I think this maybe my last week though unless temps go up.

17. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    next time you catch a carp, CHUNK IT!

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You mean for bait the poor critter.

19. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    there are a million carp in the river youd be doing the river a favor by removing a few small ones

20. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Got you Romo if I can get my hands on another one. The thing is usually when i do catch one its 20lbs plus....:crazy: