Still cant catch the bigguns

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TX Fisherman, Aug 25, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    ive tried hard about everyway i know of, but i just cant seem to find the bigguns in lakes... i know big fish are out there but i cant catch anything above 10 pounds any suggestions?!?!

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    10 lbs is not bad. there are a lot of people that never get one that big. if you want bigger ones fish with shad and big cut bait in lake lavon and be patient. they are in there.

3. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    Kevin you are young just keep fishing and be patient, you`re day will come, you are right the bigguns are out there ,but they don`t get big from being stupid:wink:

4. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Just be patient keep learning and make notes of how all your fish are caught either mental or on paper if that helps. look at the conditions such as time, weather, bait and location you catch your fish. If your cathcing smaller one chances are your get into the biguns one of these days. Those biguns proly not far from where the small ones are.

5. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Kevin;

The fish in your profile picture looks like a Flathead. If it is, you should try fishing a Live Bluegil(3" to 5" long) under a bobber set at about 5 feet deep. It will take a fair sized bobber, you can try tieing a small soda bottle to your line to make a bobber to do the job. Cast that setup out along the shore where you know bluegils hang out about dark, Try to fish in 7 to 10 feet of water. Be Patient as if the Flats are there you will get hammered in time.

Good Luck and Catch that Biggun:

Gene

6. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    im right there with you man. just keep on fishing, you'll get one. youre havng fun right? thats all that really matter. I havent caught anything much over 20lbs, so the only tip i could give would be: big bait=big fish

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm assuming you are bank fishing. If so keep changing locations. Get a gps grid map for your lake then try to find bank spots that are close to or within casting distance of deep water. Fish points, flats and coves. Also seen you post about using range cubes. That is fine if you are after eaters but if you want to catch bigger fish stick with using skip jack if you can get them, fresh shad or live or cut gills. Try different rigs as well. try carolina style,try tying a bank sinker on the bottom and use dropper loops, and try slip corks until you find out what works best for your area. Also talk to the locals, sometimes that is your best option for finding good bank fishing locations.