Still Bitting

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by luckey wade, Oct 31, 2008.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well I was out for awhile after walking down a big hill to get to a wintering hole I found.I had alot of runs but no hookups.They would drop the bait.An I had # 9 hooks! Well saturday nite I will try smaller hooks .I was using small, small mouth an 6in creek chubs.Hopefully My buddy wants to take me out in his boat saturday nite .Man That hill sucked real bad.I only took a little bit of bait.An tonite was the night.This sucks An my boat is in the shop Getting a new Impeller an sleve.Ouch!
    Luckey Wade is feeling sick.:sad2::confused2:

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck wade youve had a great year so far, keep it up!:wink:

3. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Its been alot of fun running the mighty muddy muskium river.
    I ve been shut down alot latley.An hope too catch acoule flats in november.Now that the lawn care has slowed down .I like to get some time in at the power plant close by.This walking down that big hill .Has me thinking I ve found some where . Where nobody trys theres about 22ft of water there along a rock back.Ive found this spotbass fising.An have caught alot of small mouth there by jigging the bottom.Cant wait till sat nite.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think you will catch another monster before the year is out!! Good luck!

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck,sounds like a good spot

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Randy i feel your pain. i have had the same thing happen alot this year. either pick it up and drop it or crush it and drop it and don't come back. weird year all around. i sympathize with the hill too as the places i was getting my bait from are almost straight up and down and the hills are from 20- 30 feet. what a pain. i screwed up my knee at work pretty good about two weeks ago and now i have only one place i can get to for bait that is flat and as for fishing spots i am pretty screwed unless i find a few new spots i can access that have fish as my other spots have dried up with the colder water temps. not enough depth to them. i have no doubt though that you will get another hog before the years out. good luck.

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    if you got a lot of runs could it be gars,the reason i ask cause last year i was fishing my best hole and had a bunch of runs no hook ups. no matter how quick i set or how long i let them run always thought it was gar:wink:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good luck wade rick

9. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just dont think so .Last night I got one flat head.But Ive seen gars in this area.
    He was 5# an very cold . he was very active .Ran my clicker out heard.I caught him on a small l. m. bass about 650pm.Well we never cover the spots last night very good .Just sat in one spot.then tryed 2 more holes.my friend pat hit 2 channels on chicken liver.And Todd missed a very long hard run on small small mouth .Fished till 3 am .Cant wait to get my boat back!

10. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Back to the top .