still biting at clinton

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by THE FISH WHISPER'ER, Nov 12, 2005.

1. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    me and shoe & the other fella (i forgot his name only met him twice :eek: ) managed to catch a few just right for the skillet only was out about 2and1/2 hours the wind made it realy tough had to fish the leward bank might had done better if we could have set up on the edge of the channel but i was pleased cause it was the fist time out since my knee surgery 2 months ago :)

2. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Rainman and myself really enjoyed getting out today on Clinton lake. I think the catching would have been better if the blusterous wind wouldn't have had us at its mercy. However, we met another fine fellow and BOCA member the Fishwisper'er who graciously showed us around some of the lake despite the wind and we all managed to catch some nice eater size channels, stripes, and a drum.

I am looking foreword to fishing the lake again. Thanks Wisper Man, Schoe

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    fellas i really wish i had been able to get out with ya. just to short notice and late in the season. first ya was coming fri wich i had to work and i got a message fri at noon from raymond (lonnie thats his name) but at 6:15am i got a message from a buddie that he had downed a deer and we didn't get on it till 7pm. it was 1 am before we got all 39# of ground ran through the elect grinder and packed all the roasts and steak and chops. by the time i cleaned the table and the grinder and knives ate and hit the hay it was 2:30 am. i didn't get up today untill 12:30pm. seen lonnie go by with the boat. man. next time try and shoot me a few days extra. hated to miss but i had ran on 5 hrs sleep for 4 days and today i was pooped for some sleep. gald ya all had a time fishing. schoe, the penn in in the classifides now if ya are intrested still. they had to take it off the main board.

4. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    HEY SHOE -remind me late this winter and we will get after them at the discharge when it opens somwhere in march but i can't remember right now

5. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Whisper man, I'm leaving for Fla. the end of Dec. and won't be home till April 1st. but would love to try it then. Thanks for asking, Schoe

6. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    enjoy the trip get with me as soon as you get back and we'll go knock the snott out of'em don't forget to take the boat with you , the watter dont freeze down there

7. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Will do, and I sent you a PM about the Bighead situation. Schoe

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lonnie and schoe. the ropes are removed at mar 15th. i definatly will hit it then. last year (well lonnie knows.) we were pulling 13-15#ers out of there. sometimes catching up towards of 50# or sme fish in an eve, :wub:

9. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    how did the jerkey go? when i went home last night you were still up town, did you end up with exter tough jerky?or was it just completly disinergrated :eek:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nope. all 4 marinades turned out great. just got to fig out witch one i like best and perfect it.

11. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    let me help you with that chore :rolleyes:

12. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

You can send some my way to, I'll PM you my address if you would like... :D

As for the ropes, I've got $20 for gas for the person who would let me fish from thier boat :wub:

Ray

13. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    hey Jeremy Should try and get a bunch of us togahter for a saturday of fishing in march or early april after the discharge area opens up for fishing . I would like to try and make it up to clinton and fish .
    What do you think? Let us know.

14. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    You can count me in. Been wantin' try out that lake for a long time. :thumbsup:

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    we can do it. lonnie and i are both about 20 min from there and fish it a lot. we both usually know whats going on over there hearing the local talk. its hot in the spring spawn.

16. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Jeremy and Tim, Clinton is only about an hour or so away for me.

Would you all mind, if a couple more to joined in with you all in March or April fishing at Clinton?

I'd been thinking about coming up that way when it started to warm back up.

17. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Flying pig. I was thinking this could be a early spring get out of the house after the ice is finally gone for all ILLINI brothers and who ever else wants to attend. IMHO the more the merrier. If it works out for me I will bring my toon.

18. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Clinton is not too far for me to drive to, I used to drive up there to coonhunt the North end of the lake. I would give it consideration but I normally start catching cats here at home in late April. It is nice just to walk 50', get in your boat, and go. I will watch and maybe I will drive up there.

19. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    If I still have my buddies Jon Boat, it would be a good time to break it out.
    Gets closer to time you all decide to go I'll check back in and let you know if I'm off work...That or might have to be sick that day.

20. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    me and jerm will let ya know when the bite starts in realy good