Sticktites, Beggar's Lice, etc

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Katmandeux, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    We have a bumper crop...there's always some, but I spent over an hour yesterday picking them off of my clothes. There were simply too many to ignore, and just throw in the washer...I'm talking hundreds.:sad2:

Has anyone found a fabric they won't stick to, that is suitable for hunting? I have better things to do, than pick these things.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I honestly don't think there is anything that those things won't stick to, LOL!!! At least nothing on this planet anyway.

They will help with your camo by adding natural looking things to it, kinda like puting branches in your pockets and belt loops!!!! Will make you look like a walking thicket!!!

After all you try to blend in with your surroundings, why fight it, it ain't a fashion show, LOL!!!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    hahahaha a fabric the hitchhikers wont stick to. Nope, I havent found any much to my disappointment.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I usually take my pocket knife and scrape them off, it's a lot faster than picking them. Always leave a few to eat while sitting on the deer stand though to pass the time. The little nut inside is pretty tasty:eek:oooh:.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i got a camo jacket from natural gear a few years ago that they won't stick to, i'll have to find it and see what it's made of... only problem is it's so damn noisy you wouldn't want to hunt in it, i use it for fishing only.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Childbride is pretty cool. She puts up with worms and shad in the refrigerator, and even found it funny when she discovered her little mesh unmentionables laundry bag full of grasshoppers (how was I to know???), but she really hates sticktites all over everything in the house. Given my track record, it's probably too little, too late, but I'm trying to get along, here.:tounge_out:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, you're ate up. lmao..............

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
  10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've had good luck with ballistic nylon ,but it sounds like a herd of elephants crunchin tater chips while you're walkin in it .

11. brakeless1

brakeless1 New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ky.
    Upland brush pant's for rabbit and quail hunt's and such.

12. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Burr proof and quiet? I only wish. PLEASE let me know if you find something, I'll be right behind you in line to buy.

You don't wanna try to pull stick-tites out of wool, I can tell you that. I finally just gave up and pulled the regular stickers out with pliers & left most of the stick-tites. Ain't like I can wash them wool pants anyway.:embarassed:

13. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I haven't found a fabric that works good, so now I'm tryin to find a wife that'll remove 'em for me every time!:smile2:

14. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    A few years ago I had a cast on my leg when hunting seasoned opened .I raped my leg with garbage bags and duct tape water proof and no hicthhikers at all .
    One of the hounds thought I was a fire plug or tree or some thing ,owell ain't the frist time.:smile2:
    bewell crmule

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Shame on you!!!:crazy::wink:

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    :smile2::wink::smile2:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one ,ROFLMAO

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The little brown pain in the a$$ triangle Shaped Ba$$terd$ that jump on ya and you didn't notice there till mom screamed <GET OUT OF HERE AND GET THEM THINGS OFF THOSE PANTS>: If that the ones you're talking about..
    Cordarory is the fabric you want. I'm not going to tell you it will not collect any but it collects a lot less than any other fabric I ever have worn hunting. Hope this helps

19. festus

festus New Member

That would be "beggar lice," Ken. I think the technical jargon is a beggar tick. Don't know how a seed got named after an animal.