Stickin flatfish

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by baitchunker, Aug 31, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i finally got to try out my new set of lights last night. my uncle built me a set of floundering lights that mount right under the water on the front of my boat. we were worried about busting the bulbs, but the setup worked perfect. we didnt gig a boatload however we did gig a few. we had a blast!!

the first one i stuck was about 4 #s. then we got a couple others from 1.5 to 2.5 #s. i missed a bunch trying to flip them in the boat. of course i didnt get in until 4 this morning so i was a lil' late to work this morning. i think i might give it another go tonight. just wanted to share,
    j.d.

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i just finnished filleting them out. i cant wait to fry those puppies up! hhmmm. hmmmmm. nuthin like it!

boss wont be too thrilled about the smell coming from the dumpster mon. but what the hey1

3. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    is that where you dangle something shiny above the hook and pull up to hook the fish, when it goes after the object? i read about that in a survival book

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I just went gigging a couple weeks ago for the first time. I really want to go again soon. It was a lot of fun. I'm thinking about getting some lights for my boat here sometime soon.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    charles:

giggin is more like a cross between hunting and fishing. you really only need 3 things.
    1: a long handled pole with a gig on one end (frog gig-spear-etc.)
    2: a strong light to cut through the water
    3: water that has flounder

i really luv it. i have lights mounted on my boat so i just pole around the flats of the bay and the delta at night, and whenever i see one, i stick him with the gig and throw him in the boat. ( it is harder than it sounds)

i just baked some of the fillets last night and they were awesome

i sprinkled a lil' salt and some tony s. then a drop of worstsauce. a lot of butter and partially cover with chopped up butternut squash.

ooooowwwwweeeeeee!!!!!!! thats some fine eats.