Stick Steering

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by jtrew, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm converting my Lowe 1648 from tiller to stick steering. Anybody got a stick steering system for sale? Send PM or call:
    501-920-7655

2. olcutbait

olcutbait New Member

State:
    virginia
    a jon boat store in fayetteville n.c. has them go to their website and go under the store section. akmccallumco.com

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    AK is good people to deal with.

Bill in SC

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jerry, my motor blew up on my old boat. It has stick steering with johnson controls. I'll get with ya about price or whatever.

6. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    If Jerry is not interested in the stick steering, I may be. Thanks

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Jerry it looks like AK is the cheepest on the stik steering and it assessories, I also want this type of steering so I got save for it, then get it. :cool2: :cool2:

8. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    i have one think the cable is 13 foot rated for 35 hp it's a ezy-glide brand i think. i also have a Morse stick steering head only don't know the hp rating for it. seems the cables are the same on stick steering the steering ratio in the head it seems what makes the rating. slower the ratio the larger the hp rating. so you don't over steer it for safty. ezy glide makes steering units up to 90 hp. will sell or might swap for a locator

please email me at leserz2hotmail.com

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm going to be hooking it up to a 50hp, so I don't know how safe that would be.

Has anybody on the board ever hooked up stick steering designed for 35hp to a 50hp motor? If so, how did it work? Did it make the steering too quick?

10. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    the cable looks to be same diameter as on my 85 hp merc i think the steering ratio is slower on higher hp motors. i have no idea why stick steering is so much more than ones for a steering wheel. just bought a new steering for my tri hull a few days ago $143.00 tax and all. ezy-stick brand are about $275- 350.00 go figure

11. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    check this out http://www.ezyglide.com/ look at the steering heads one has a longer throw that's the slow i think the one with a shorter throw one is a faster ratio . they do not show different cables so i guess the cables are the same.

12. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    i checked out the two steering heads. each one is 180* turn so there both the slower ratio i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.