Stick steering vs steering wheel

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kevinw, Sep 16, 2005.

1. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    Does anyone have a stick steering boat that has an opinion either way?

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I bought one with a console (wheel) because I'm incredibly uncoordinated and figured the wheel would be easier for me to operate. There is some good info in the boating forum here.

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I work with a man who had a stick steer and loved it!! of course he likes to cast n cast and only fishes(?) between dawn and 10am.
    he said it was great for his father who has a disability and only can use one arm
    he liked the fact he never had to leave his seat for anything. but he only fishes a shallow river.

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    My boat has stick steering.I never had stick steering till I got this boat and I love it.It's set up in the front of the boat where I have a bucket seat from a car mounted,I don't walk to good anymore which means I can't walk around in a boat.The way my boat is setup the stick is not in my way so I can do every thing I need to do from putting out an ancor to landing a fish without having to get out of the seat.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's 50 one way and 50 another. Long as the motor runs and get's you home safe. Who cares. Personaly I like being able to let go of the wheel to grab something and the tilt feature I love.

6. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    Well I am looking and think that a stick steering model will serve my purposes very well. I jug and limb line alot in shallow creeks and in some lakes. The up front seat should be great when im checking limb lines and the depth of the interior should serve well so my jugs dont blow out and my fish (keepers) dont flop out. I found a tunnel hull from lowes that Id like to see in person. I cant afford a jet lower unit but would love to add one later. I fish areas where there are logs and stumps and rocks and some ice boxes lol. It would be great to get out there in the shallows and catch those biguns. I like the idea of a livewell within reach of my seat as well.