Stewart penalized for rough driving

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    stewart is penalized a lap for rough driving. it's about time. even nascar couldn't ignore that move

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    DiD ya see what carl ewards did to him while going to the pits what a race. Go J. GORDON!!

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Stewart was 11th in points at the start of the race.....dumb move.
    Edwards 13th at the start, Stewart already penalized.....really dumb move on Edwards behalf.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i agree, walter....stupid move by both of them...tony has gotten away with it so much he must have figured he'd get another free pass on it this time

5. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Looks like Jr is gonna fall out of the top ten after that wreck. 2 bad weeks in a row for him.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I hate to see that I thought he was finually getting his stuff together this year.

7. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    Stewart PENALIZED? wow! bet he really learned his lesson! 1 lap on caution, was right back on lead lap. edwards retaliation was justified and it really hurt him. maybe next time nascar should slap tony on the wrist?

8. willplumb4fish

willplumb4fish New Member

State:
    MISSISSIPPI
    stewert wasnt penalized.....he knew he would be back on the lead lap cause he knew how to take boyer out without hurting himself and would be right to get back on the lead lap when the race resumes....he talked about people losing patience in a long race but to take someone out shows he has no patience either. i met him in texas when he was a rookie and he wasnt a very friendly guy to me thwen so i have no patience with him either....lol.....anyways maybe he will miss the chase by one point and get what he deserves....he has been in alot of reckless wrecks and soon somebody will take him out where it hurts....

9. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    if that clown misses the cut he will probly start picking the 10 chasers off and nascar will dock him 1 lap at a time.

10. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    stewart penalized. Shock!!! But I'm sure he is saying that it was someone elses fault. He has to blame it on somebody.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm starting to really like this Stewart fella.
    The direction NASCAR has gone forgetting the fans that got them to this point and all these GQ looking brats driving the cars and whining at every oppertunity a reporter will listen, I like anybody with a "Dale Earnhardt" attitude.
    Thanks Tony for putting something back into racing that has been missing for along time! Man and machine, not cribs and strollers.

If Nascar likes the ratings so much they need more Stewarts,
    Todays race would put anybody to sleep. It takes a Stewart to keep the crowd awake.
    Sound familiar? He died in 01.

12. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    I also enjoy some aggresive racing and theirs one thing that nobody can deny,Tony is a racing son of a gun with skills.I feel that since nascars gotten so big that they don't want anybody racing like the days of old.He's not the only one to drive like this but seems to take a little more heat than other drivers.

13. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    OK, Let me get this straight. When Gordon accidently taps someone and spins them out, he is the most dirty SOB on the face of the earth. But when Fatboy does it, and it is a blaitent hit like yesterday, and like the one at Daytona with Kenseth, and so on and so on, it is what makes NASCAR good? Is that how it works??

Does anyone listen to Doughboy when he does this every week? If ANYONE whines these days, it is ol' double chin himself, and it is ALWAYS someone else's fault, and all these guys don't belong on the same track as him. Not to mention the antics during pre and post race interviews with him having to get his fat head in every shot during another driver's interview. Why is that?

LOL That being said, there is only ONE driver on the whole circuit that I absolutely dispise, can you guess who it is?:big_smile:

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Wrecks sell tickets. I dont know of a soul that dosent watch racing or go to races to see wrecks.
    Even the networks on the radio and TV recognize it because their race recaps are recaps of the wrecks.
    I've never complained about Gordon spinning anyone whether its the first lap or the last lap. He is fair game for disaster just like everyone else out there.
    You spin and win and you'll spin and lose. That aint nothing new.

the super cars of today contrived of some of the most advanced engineering on the planet for a car of any kind has played a big fact in the slow demise of the sport for us fans that got them to this point.
    Fenders are for rubbing only the fenders of today cant be rubbed without upsetting some unseen downforce.
    The only thing left in the sport of racing for us fans that got them to this point, the same fans that grew up long enough ago to have seen racing, is the wrecks.

As for the racing part of racing these days, Might as well leave them parked on pit road and sell tickets to walk by them.
    So anytime I see a tony a Tony Stewart or any other driver retaliate on the track for any reason or for racing hard, I have to applaud. It brings back memories from the 70's and 80's.
    The drivers of today are the drivers of yesteryear werent. They are TV personalaties. Paid for their performances on and off the track.
    I bet Home Depot made more profit then Lowes did today. Tony has the marketing down pat.

Dont ever say a driver is no good or he cant drive. I used to have some I picked on UNTIL, I put the helmet and the HANS device on myself and hit Charlotte motor speedway. As a passenger I hauled the mail into turn 1 at 175MPH. To this day I have no clue how they do it 3 wide at 200 MPH.
    You have to pull the G's in that car to know where I'm coming from.
    That experience woke me up. I'm surprised there isnt alot more mistakes then there is. I got to experience the famous turn 4 bump I had always heard about at Charlotte. In fact that fellow in the drivers seat can saw a mean wheel. As loose as we got off the bump there aint no way I would have saved it. I would have let off the gas and backed it in the wall.:lol:

15. mwhham

mwhham New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would drive 50 miles out of way to go to loews if i just needed a light bulb i cant wait tell some body puts him in the wall hard it will happen in time

16. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont mind the wrecks and retaliation or bump and runs, no matter how you look at it, its racing. What I really hate is after the race during the interviews with Stewart, he never takes the blame and is always blaming other guys about not giving way to him on the track. Last week it was Ryan Newman, this week it was Clint Bowyer and so on. The 2 championships sure has gone to his head. I say suck it up, keep them comments to himself and race the competition that is out there. After all he agrees to race with them each and every week.

17. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for clearing that up wolfman. Stewart thinks there is nothing wrong with a little bump and run. As long as it is him doing the bumping.

18. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I read nearly every post on this nascar post, normaly I try not to get involved because of the people who support certian drivers. It's not that MOST of the drivers can drive or not, it's how they handle the after math. I have been over 200 mph, I know what it take to get there and I know how hard it is. Every thing is a blure most of the time, it takes big oysters!! The big problem with these drivers is the fact that they are cry babys, and I know it sells, but Stewart , Gordon, both Bushes, and others should take lessons from the old timers, you rarely hear Martin talk like that,and boys the only driver in the last 25 years that I can think of that was worse than Gordhead was Darrell Waltrip, and I think he was a great driver, but cryed constantly, I still like him and as great a driver as he was, he's a lot better anouncer. I know a lot of you are not going to agree with this post, but before you get mad and slam what I said think about it a minute.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    He sure cried when Earnhardt drove him deep into turn 3 at Charlotte in the Winston and broke that leg:lol:

20. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I hear ya brother! I have been around Lowe's at around 175 myself. Let me tell you, people think they get close to the wall from the driver's seat? You poop hole will REALLY pucker when you are in the passenger seat! :wink: That was awesome!

I have also driven at Texas, my wife got me the Petty Driving Package for my birthday a few years ago. Funnest thing I have ever done in my life! My lap speed (top) was only 145 mph. They told us our top speed was about 10mph over our lap speed. I respect the hell out of these guys for being able to do that up around or over 200mph!

As for wrecks selling tickets, I hear ya there too, what I get really agrevated about is what happens afterwards, and Stewart is the worst of all. You can say whatever you want about Gordon, but Stewart will NEVER be the driver Gordon is, and is by far the worst crybaby/pass the buck driver out there. Gordon has actually stopped crying over the years. He may complain and say who wrecked him, but big E even done that.